schaller anyone?

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

jerms

schaller anyone?

Post by jerms »

who loves schaller? what's not to love...grey hammerite, marshall knobs, germanium transistors (in the early ones, the silicon ones sound badass too!!) yum!! and the wah is somethin' else! i'll post some guts tomorrow.
Attachments
IMG_0283.jpg
IMG_0283.jpg (695.46 KiB) Viewed 5484 times
kb892

Re: schaller anyone?

Post by kb892 »

gots a bow bow yoy yoy that sounds pretty good, especially in the toe up pos

jerms

Post by jerms »

i'm not sure what was in the Double Pedal, maybe API or Graham could enlighten us!! :hihi: always wanted one o' them too!! :drool2:
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

What is this yoy-yoy bow-wow thing?

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I've Always wanted to try some of those Schiller wahs...I hear the bow wow yoy yoy is pretty unique!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Graham

Post by Graham »

I have had the treadle pedals - none left now as I always found the "wah" a little thin and nasal - but I do have three or four of the fuzzes (they even did a reissue in plastic) and like fuzz faces they can sound great - equally they can sound mediocre I guess it depends on the transistors used - without going to dig them out I can't recall precisely though I think I have at least two types.

What has prompted me to reply Jim is the Treble - Bass boosters - absolutely wonderful pedals - with their 4 way voicing selector - I was telling Romain an old friend about them just yesterday - very much like Johns "Champ treboost" Rangemaster knockoffs minus the transistor switching - THE absolute sleeper of the booster market in my opinion (maybe not now!) anyway I have one besides me right now - was just running a pretty dark sounding SG Jnr into an AC4 (also pretty dark) and the Schaller just brought the setup to life - I think way beyond a Rangie or JHS Boost - in fact to my ear there's even overtones of something like a Klon (sound like damn wine sniffer!!) in that they give a bucketload of "presence" to whatever you're playing - really improving the tactile response of even a basic guitar like that little SG!! (basically a strong P90 on a 4 pound plank of mahogany - cant get much more basic - with the Schaller it's got more choices than a Jag!!)

Cheers - Graham

and NO I don't have a spare to sell! (but I do have an awful lot of vintage treble boosters) :mrgreen:
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

And what might be a decent price for the yoy-yoy thing? I've found one locally and I'm thinking whether to give it a try or not...
norhyme

Re:

Post by norhyme »

“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?' Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?” ― Frank Zappa
Rygar

Post by Rygar »

I picked up this Schaller Fuzz back in the early days of ebay for a steal.

AC151 transistors

It's a good loud fuzz except in the hottest days of the summer.

With the volume at unity and the intensitat knob set low it can make a less dynamic pedal like a bigmuff come alive and more germanium like when placed first in the chain.

Hammered germans
DiscoFreq

Post by DiscoFreq »

I have a fuzz and one of those "double pedals" (fuzz + tremolo + volume).

I bought my double pedal in a lot with a vintage Phase 100 and a Jen Double Sound (fuzz wah) for $87 :)

Oh and I'm currently still the highest bidder on another one as well:
http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/sc ... abs=6#find

:box:
EffectsDatabase: http://www.effectsdatabase.com
26000 pedals, 4000 brands