TITAN LUURRRVVE

Power amplifier distortion from mount Zion.

Moderator: The Captain

thorpy6

Re: TITAN LUURRRVVE

Post by thorpy6 »

Geoffrey wrote:I think that it has its own sound. I only know the Rat and TS 808 and it sounds nothing like either one of those to me. Still loving your pedal artistry. I appreciate your skills. Thanks man!
G.
Really pleased to hear that geoffrey, its nice to get feedback from a fellow pedal nut
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Yeah, get a Titan at all costs. I really love mine. It slams the front end of an amp hard and I swear you can almost just look at your guitar and get harmonics out of it..
What do you want from life
An Indian guru
to show you the inner light?
muffin man

Post by muffin man »

I recently traded my Titan for an origial vox tonebender it's the one that devnuljp has just aquired :tu:
When i traded it the first thing i did was go out and find another because there's nothing that sound's the same :cheers:
As geoffrey said get one at all cost's :freakout:
JP30

Post by JP30 »

Geoffrey wrote:I think that it has its own sound. I only know the Rat and TS 808 and it sounds nothing like either one of those to me.
G.
Sonik Titan is totally different from others. Rat, TS or DS-1...
it kinda reminds me of MXR Distorion +, but Titan's much chunkier.
and
all the controls are so interactive to each other. it's very unique distorion.

everything that I can come up with sonik titan is so UN-Doomi... very positive-happy riffs... :geek:
skybone

Post by skybone »

JP30 wrote:everything that I can come up with sonik titan is so UN-Doomi... very positive-happy riffs... :geek:
Bizarrely enough, every time I plug mine in, it has the complete oposite effect! :twisted: :badlove:
JP30

Post by JP30 »

skybone wrote:
JP30 wrote:everything that I can come up with sonik titan is so UN-Doomi... very positive-happy riffs... :geek:
Bizarrely enough, every time I plug mine in, it has the complete oposite effect! :twisted: :badlove:

She can be pretty mean if she want to... but :geek: I try my best to keep my Sonik a happy girl. She sing nicely as long as I rub her at the right spot.

another odd thing about me with Sonik titan is that .. I don't consider it as an distorion .. and it really doesn't feel vintage.. or 80's distortion to me.
it's a Dirt Box from outers pace......
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

slomatic wrote: Anyone else using their Titan for heavy duty riffage?? :freakout:
Yes to that. I played some of our old material recently using the Titan and I don't how this one escaped me for so long. It really is massive, just like all of Dave's pedals :geek:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

The titan sounds like the extension of my amp. God forbid i use the term 'tube like' but in this case i think its pretty accurate. I have to admit it sounds best with low tuning and loads of bass dialed in. That said, i could see it being a blues player's dream too.
Volume over talent
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Post by CONAN »

At volume I can almost hear similarities betwen the Titan and the Meathead Deluxe, but the Titan sustains better if you catch my drift? it also seems more saturated...... I used mine for the first time Monday night and absolutely loved it!!!! :headpop:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

slomatic wrote:The titan sounds ... 'tube like' ... That said, i could see it being a blues player's dream too.
Yes, very much so! :badlove:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty