Skreddy Klipper

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

daCod

Skreddy Klipper

Post by daCod »

Just stumbled on this. Anyone have first ear experience with this one? Looks sick AF. And I know Skreddy don’t disappoint.

:coffee:

https://skreddypedals.com/skreddy_pedals_klipper.php
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sciencefriction

Re: Skreddy Klipper

Post by sciencefriction »

Fucking love mine. It’s spot on. Don’t pay for a resold valve Klipper. Skreddy nailed it.
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Can't comment on the unit, but does anyone actually have conclusive proof that Iommi used a Klipp at any time? Last I heard the jury was out on that one.
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:26 am Can't comment on the unit, but does anyone actually have conclusive proof that Iommi used a Klipp at any time? Last I heard the jury was out on that one.
I can’t find it atm, so probably means I imagined it, but I recall reading that Tony Iommi was given a Klipp and used it sparingly on Master of Reality- and that was it. It does sound like some of the tones to me, but tbh that’s not worth anything. From the historical perspective I don’t think bands share accurate information and there’s a lack of photographic evidence.

However, for their last album Iommi’s website says he did use a Klipp. So he has one.. when did he get it, when did he use it before then? No idea. I’ll say the circuit as represented in Skreddy’s pedal sounds like Master of Reality to me. It’s cool, even it turns out to be wrong.

https://www.iommi.com/equipment/
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

sciencefriction wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:25 am
Dr Tony Balls wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:26 am Can't comment on the unit, but does anyone actually have conclusive proof that Iommi used a Klipp at any time? Last I heard the jury was out on that one.
I can’t find it atm, so probably means I imagined it, but I recall reading that Tony Iommi was given a Klipp and used it sparingly on Master of Reality- and that was it. It does sound like some of the tones to me, but tbh that’s not worth anything. From the historical perspective I don’t think bands share accurate information and there’s a lack of photographic evidence.

However, for their last album Iommi’s website says he did use a Klipp. So he has one.. when did he get it, when did he use it before then? No idea. I’ll say the circuit as represented in Skreddy’s pedal sounds like Master of Reality to me. It’s cool, even it turns out to be wrong.

Right. I'm fully confident that he has possessed a Klipp at least at some point because he probably was given one of everything that Laney made, just not sure if he actually used one, especially the "Klipp" option on one. Anyway, point being that I would be hesitant to lean in to the Iommi link as Skreddy did without some kind of basis for that. Cant it just sound cool without being vetted by a legend?
2guests

Post by 2guests »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:26 amCant it just sound cool without being vetted by a legend?
This!!!
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
resynthesis

Post by resynthesis »

I also (vaguely) remember reading something about him using a Klipp maybe doubling some parts. Not sure which album.

Edit:

This says he used one on 13

daCod

Post by daCod »

Used by Saint Anthony or not, the Klipper def sounds like something I need to run alongside my Menatone Pig. For moar of them 70’s rock sounds :crackjam:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

The factories about 5 minute drive from my house
freddy_von

Post by freddy_von »

Mine just arrived. Spent some time with it today and ran it up against a bunch of others.

Does it sound like a Klipp?
No idea, I’ve never played through one, but it does sound like a very good high gain distortion with a bit of fuzz flavour thrown in there. Put a smile on my face as it transitioned into some controllable feedback.
Attachments
IMG_7825.jpeg
IMG_7825.jpeg (836.33 KiB) Viewed 414 times