Keeley Java boost CV7003 vs DAM red rooster... info?

Tonal shaping & volume boosting delivered with germanium love.

Moderator: The Captain

molokaio

Re: Keeley Java boost CV7003 vs DAM red rooster... info?

Post by molokaio »

AhhH Luca!!! Glad to hear you finally found one cumpà! :marx:
If you have time just drop me a line when it gets there and your thoughts!
So you're not only playing the floyds eh? :D
Live Slow... Die old...
molokaio

Re: Keeley Java boost CV7003 vs DAM red rooster... info?

Post by molokaio »

kb892 wrote:i've got an older OC44 Java and an older RR, they're both great pedals. the java has a lot more gain but, for me only works well for really slammin the front end of my amp with nothing else in the chain. the tone knob on the java is helpful in eliminating the spikiness. the RR has less gain, far less noise, has a great range of tone, and works well before or after just about anything. the only thing it doesn't do is the huge boost that the java does. so in general my RR gets way more usage but if it's just me, a les paul, and an amp the java is great for taking things way over the top as far as tube saturation.
So finally I got a redbaron red rooster (OC140) a couple of weeks ago, and I gotta say I really agree with what kb892 wrote.

The java is a bit more modern sounding, has a lot more gain and a good tone control that cuts the trebles raspiness ... but it's super noisy when it's stacked, it's a pity since the 3 way switch is really handy.
So in the end it only works well on its own: you, your guitar, the java and the amp! That's it... play and feel the blues!

Instead the rooster is super quiet for a treble booster even when stacked, it has a different gain feel, a lot less output but it's more managable and the range control cuts bass when not on full. It's a good pedal and I prefer it to the java especially in the pedalboard! Also thanks to Luca I found my way thru it...
Great buy, good pedal... rock'n'roll!
Live Slow... Die old...