D*A*M Sonic Titan demo......experience the magic.....

D*A*M Audio/Video Clips

Moderator: The Captain

Bobby DEE

D*A*M Sonic Titan demo......experience the magic.....

Post by Bobby DEE »

wow......this pedal is REALLY REALLY REALLY good.

i thought the '66 and MKII were very good fuzzes, and enjoyed playing thru them.

this pedal was loaned to me to try out, and i have to say, it is one of the alltime best distortion pedals i have ever heard.

this is at decent bedroom volume with my amp set CLEAN

just MASSIVE, even at low volume. i can't wait to try this at a gig tomorrow nite, but then it has to go home, and i will be sad and haunted by it :love:

The Captain

Re: D*A*M Sonic Titan demo......experience the magic.....

Post by The Captain »

:lol: 'I'm bringing sexy back'

Man, that is the bestest first post ever. :hihi:

Very cool clip there, sir. I digged it :crackjam:
Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

thank you :cheers:

i am a pedal fanatic, as you can see from my youtube site.

even since i got my first fuzz in 1974 (chrome wedge Sekova japan fuzz) i have been addicted to fine pedals.

there is something really magical and organic about the Sonic Titan. it really does sound like an AMP and not just a pedal.

i have been seeking a DISTORTION box for a while now. i have plenty of OD and fuzz pedals that i really like.

but i have not found the perfect distortion pedal -- some are too gainy and compressed, some do not have enough gain, many of them are fizzy and cheesy.

not this one. it has a REALLY good combination of GAIN and also CLARITY. even when i am cranking it up and just going bananas with the gain, i can still hear all the individual notes of a chord, or get all the overtones and harmonics that are coming from the guitar/my fingers.

well done, D*A*M. very well done. best distortion pedal i have played EVER. :cheers:
NewarkWilder

Post by NewarkWilder »

Mr. DEE here is one of my best bros, i'm glad he got to experience the magic that is the Titan!!

now send it back before i send this guy after you- :sickle:

:crackjam:
NewarkWilder

Post by NewarkWilder »

:snap:

hahaha. bobby has played a LOT of distortion pedals... as have I, but he's got some years on me... and I know damn well its the best distortion box *i've* ever played, so it doesn't surprise me if he feels the same :hihi:
Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

hi sickle :crackjam:

well, the Titan just blows me away. i think newark knew i was looking for SOMETHING like that pedal. i have been trying a lot of really nice distortion pedals lately, and there are quite a few good ones out there.

i really like the Dyna Red from BJF, but it gets too compressed and somewhat finicky at times. however, it does have a great midrange character, and is FUN to play, very responsive.

but there's something quite cool about the CLARITY and the GAIN of the Titan, i need to do some more JAMMING, i mean RESEARCH, before i send it back tomorrow :headbanger:
NewarkWilder

Post by NewarkWilder »

Bobby DEE wrote:but there's something quite cool about the CLARITY and the GAIN of the Titan, i need to do some more JAMMING, i mean RESEARCH, before i send it back tomorrow :headbanger:
I need it back NAO!!!

:pissed3:

jk. hang onto it a little while longer if you want! i miss it but my b&g meathead is helping ease the pain :hihi:
Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

i just did another clip, this time with some changing settings to illustrate the possibilities, also highlighting the "lighter" side of this pedal, as well as some stacking fun.

problem is, when i start playing thru it, it starts making me want to RAWK and then i start going off like a crazyman instead of doing a proper demo :headbanger:
duende

Post by duende »

Just curious what amp and speaker were you using in the clip?

Very nice open crunch!
JP30

Post by JP30 »

nice vid clip. Mr DEE. one of the coolest first post !

?
duende wrote:Just curious what amp and speaker were you using in the clip?Very nice open crunch!
?
adding my curiousity with your set up