Rooster a'la October 2009

Tonal shaping & volume boosting delivered with germanium love.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Rooster a'la October 2009

Post by The Captain »

Bam! The chicken walks. Pretty fucking stoked with these sexy little beasts. Sounding a little more snarly than the OC140/39/CV7112 models we've been cracking out the last few years so its kinda cool to have a little twist-a-roo and take our oldest stinkiest pedal into a new and tasty realm. Gonna try and stick to Mullard OC45's and OC71's when possible....the first out the door will have OC45's. Maybe OC44's now and again if I find some that don't sound like shit :hihi:

Other thing I may as well mention while I'm here. I've changed the paper work that comes with the pedals. Gone is the separate 'take away menu' style info thing about said pedal. I've combined the guarantee thingy that comes in the envelope with the info about the pedal. The instructions for the pedal will be on the inside fold out of the info/guarantee thing that is inside the envelope. Like so...

I'm using those cheesy drawings I did to differentiate each info sheet....as in each pedal has a different drawing on the front rather than a picture of the pedal. Kinda seems daft to use all that paper and ink to explain the obvious. Just trying to tighten things up and be a little green too boot. :party:

kb892

Re: Rooster a'la October 2009

Post by kb892 »

Looks like I need a new Rooster! :badteeth:
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

Seriously want this so bad!
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

Nice, do kind of miss the LED on the Rooster! :whistle:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Pah, LED's are so 2008. :tongue: Ear drums is where its at :party:
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

The Captain wrote:Pah, LED's are so 2008. :tongue: Ear drums is where its at :party:
:lol:
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

cock-a-doodle-doo for the new Red Rooster! Hope to score one of these with the oc45 from Macaris if/when Joe sends notice via e-mail. Dig the knobs and the clean box. The captain deserves kudos for this one. Thx :tu:
Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

i like the new graphics! and something tells me i need a treble booster pedal :dance:

that rooster looks like it would CROW pretty nicely!

i love the construction of the DAM pedals. there's nothing better than opening one up, seeing the cool backplate, and the sexy perfboard laid out like a hotrod.

i love it Captain. you are one of a very select few pedal builders that are at the TOP of the game. :party:
Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

Sickle wrote:
Bobby DEE wrote:i like the new graphics! and something tells me i need a treble booster pedal :dance:
Bobby, there is no better foil for the Titan than a Red Rooster.

You get the perfect choice between vintage and modern sound having the two.

I could easily live with just those two pedals, but if I had to have just one pedal, it would be a Rooster fed into a Laney Klipp.

There's just no amp/pedal combination that sounds better to me.

:fu:
yep.......my ears tell me that the Titan would really BLOOM into AWESOMENESS with a nice treble booster in front :crackjam:
Scott

Post by Scott »

is there any comparison in tone between analogmans beano boost and the red rooster treble booster, or are they totally different beasts?