FS: 2 x Jen/Gretsch Harmon Booster clones

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

kb892

Re: FS: 2 x Jen/Gretsch Harmon Booster clones

Post by kb892 »

Got my blackie yesterday too and just thought i'd add another thumbs up :tu: . great little box with a unique voice. i'll muddy things up with yet another attempted description by saying it reminds me of maybe a distortion+ crossed with a guv'nor... especially with the mid boost but even that doesn't quite nail it down. crisper and more up front than a tubescreamer kind of sound but not as sizzley as say a distortion+. best way for me to describe it would be a quintessential early 70's distortion feel. tone can go from flat to almost scooped mids to full and fat with the mid boost on. really glad i pulled the trigger on this one, SonicVI did a great job once again. this is my 4th build from him and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend his work to anyone looking for a top notch builder :tu:
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

I'd like to build some more of these if anyone's interested. yay? nay?
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Crank it up, it's got the loudness built in!
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I've still been enjoying the he'll outta my Harmon booster! Fantastic pedal for teh almighty CRUNCH!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

I've got two more of these available, both in black sparkle, just like the one on page 1. Same price.
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

No, these are two more, numbers 6 and 7. :dance:

Thanks Donovan.
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Bumping for the third page. Two more black sparkle pedals are now available. $140 shipped each.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

may I just add that this a SCREAMING deal for these amazing pedals!!! Someone snatch these up (do I need a backup? :hmm: no, no I don't need a backup...do I need? aaarrrg!! :bangs head: )
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
kb892

Post by kb892 »

+1, this is a really cool little distortion box. very unique and useable. 140 bucks is a steal for the tone alone.... add in the handwired perfboard & quality components and it's a no brainer.
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Yours is in the mail D.

I guess I didn't even mention on the front page that these do have the same type of transistors as the originals (BC318C), and good quality components like Wima caps, Alpha pots, Switchcraft jacks. Battery is included. :dance: