Website Updates

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

aaland_brian

Re: Website Updates

Post by aaland_brian »

Electro is aural sex? :chillin:
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

The Captain wrote:Ahoy, Little update done. Updated teh pics to reflect the colourful glow that is 2009.
Looks nice with all the new colors :-)
Braden

Post by Braden »

Cannot wait until May!
Damn-Deal-Done

Post by Damn-Deal-Done »

Sickle wrote:Hey, the demo tracks are playing now for the first time in Firefox, cool!

:fu:
Not if you've disabled background music from playing. :oldgrin:

Seriously, background music blasting out when you visit a page isn't cool. Especially for those who listen to music on their computer when browsing. I dont think my tweaters could take another hit from any website that does that so I don't allow it like many people. Give visitors a choice. A little flash player with sound samples or something like that would be far better.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Only option I got, man. Give me a flash player doo-wicky and consider it done. :tu: ...and don't say Myspace.
Damn-Deal-Done

Post by Damn-Deal-Done »

Sorry don't want to intrude on your shit. That's just my experience with hidden music and such.

I have a flash player that ain't pretty, but it is free. There's also a great one called Wimpy player which has skins that would match the site, and also a scroll menu if desired. But it's one you have to buy.

Have a mess with my free one. See if it's something you like.

flash player doo-wicky

Jo
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

No intrusion at all Jo. It does my head but its the only way I know how right now and the downloads page I had was even worse. A stand alone player kinda thing would be ideal.

Okay, I downloaded your doo-wicky....now what? :zombiehuh: :zgrin: Did I miss something?
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Ah right. I'll have tit about with it on the morro.
Damn-Deal-Done

Post by Damn-Deal-Done »

The embedcode.html page has the code on it which you would take, copy/paste into any page you want the player to be in.

Put all the other files in my zip in to your rout directory.

The code you paste into each page, links to a file called playlist.xml.

To get each page to play different files, you would use different playlists so copy the file playlist.xml, which now should reside in the rout directory, a few times and call them playlist1.xml, playlist2.xml, playlist3.xml. or you could call each one by the pedal name. meathead.xml, dragnfly.xml.

Then just make sure the code you pasted into your pages point to the relevant playlist.xml file.

For example you would paste the code in embedcode.htm into your already existing meathead page, code below. You would change the bit highlighted to point to a specific playlist, in the example case meathead.xml.

-- start code --

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>

<div id="flashPlayer">
This text will be replaced by the flash music player.
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
var so = new SWFObject("playerMultiple.swf","mymovie","192","95","7","#ffffff");
so.addVariable("overColor","#ff0000")
so.addVariable("playerSkin","4")
so.addVariable("autoPlay","no")
so.addVariable("playlistPath","meathead.xml")
so.write("flashPlayer");
</script>

-- end code example --

Now I would put all the audio files you wish to use into a folder called audio or samples, owt you want.

Then in each xml file you would have created (meathead.xml, dragnfly.xml). You need to now point those files to the mp3's you want to use. meathead.xml to the meathead audio, dragnfly.xml to the dragnfly audio etc. You can use notepad to edit these files if you wish. Have as many audio files as you want, just delete or add as desired, from track tag to track tag.

Highlighted green is what you want to copy or delete for an entire track. Blue is path to audio file.

-- meathead.xml code example --

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xml>
<track>
<path>audio/meathead1.mp3</path>
<title>Meathead Track Title 1</title>
</track>

<track>
<path>audio/meathead2.mp3</path>
<title>Meathead Track Title 2</title>
</track>
<track>
<path>song3.mp3</path>
<title>Track 3</title>
</track>
</xml>

-- end code --

Hope that makes sense.
Last edited by Damn-Deal-Done on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damn-Deal-Done

Post by Damn-Deal-Done »

I've just noticed that you've tidied up your page names. Nice one, something that drove me a little nuts before if I'm honest. :party: