Of interest - The Conqueror - KR Musical Products

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Enjoyer

Of interest - The Conqueror - KR Musical Products

Post by Enjoyer »

(NEW!)The Conqueror (tm)
Our new pedal the Conqueror (tm) my newest re-creation of the rare Beatles/The Rolling Stones 67-70 type distortion as hear on many of their classic songs.In late 1966 Vox came out with a series of solid state amps such as the Defiant,Conqueror,Supreme and Foundation bass amps's that featured a unique build-in distortion circuit of which had a bright biting distortion tone,you can hear this distortion tone on the Beatles album Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on such tracks and the lead guitar on 'Sgt Pepper' and the lead solo in 'Good Morning,Good Morning',The Beatles also used this distortion tone on the White album and you can hear this tone on such tracks like the lead on 'Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey' and other tracks like 'Hey Bulldog',.The Rolling Stones also used this distortion on such tracks as the Lead solo tone on 'Sympathy For The Devil' and you can also hear this tone on the lead guitar on tracks such as 'Honky Tonk Women',Brown Sugar,and sounds very close to the lead intro tone of Can't You Hear me Knocking. many have always wondered what the unique distortion tone was which you can hear on many Beatles and Stones tracks from 1967-1970 .the Conqueror(tm) features Volume,Bass Treble,sustain and a special MRB tone circuit featuring 3-way tone selector switch.This fuzz give you that biting high end distortion tone-very rare the Conqueror:list price: $225.00 plus $12.70 S & H.

http://www.krmusicalproducts.com/newpedals.htm
Philip

Post by Philip »

The ol' beats didn't use them till after sgt pepper and you'd be better off getting stu to make you a magical mystery box.
gururyan

Post by gururyan »

...stereo megavibe... :marx:
Ryan

They talk of my drinking but never my thirst.
Enjoyer

Re:

Post by Enjoyer »

Philip wrote:The ol' beats didn't use them till after sgt pepper and you'd be better off getting stu to make you a magical mystery box.

Would LOVE a Magical Mystery Box by Stu . . . Is that even a possibility????
Stu

Re: Of interest - The Conqueror - KR Musical Products

Post by Stu »

:panic:
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

Yeah, Magical Mystery Box looks super sweet - but what is it btw?

:hihi:
Bert Ohlsson

Re: Of interest - The Conqueror - KR Musical Products

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

Those roadie nightmare 8x12 Marshall stacks, that Randy Hansen uses, aren't around anymore - right..?! It just looks so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXu7ZeTJGT8

EDITED: Now I see they're smaller - they're probably 8x10!
Last edited by Bert Ohlsson on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AGuitarPlayer

Post by AGuitarPlayer »

The problem with KR is that he says your pedal will be ready in 2-3 weeks, takes your payment in full, then ignores you as the months tick by. This is pretty well documented at this point and I just can't get down with being treated that way no matter how good his stomps are.
Plenty of other people making good stuff who aren't dicks.
the treble boost kid

Post by the treble boost kid »

D I C K S .

J U S T
S A Y
N O .
Let's be fucking honest........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJF6kk7fjNk
T I E - F I G H T E R..........L E T S R O L L !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNs0RALUQw
eastcoast

Re:

Post by eastcoast »

the treble boost kid wrote:D I C K S .

J U S T
S A Y
N O .
Words to live by :badteeth: