D*A*M vs. Cornish P-2

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

Geoffrey

Re: D*A*M vs. Cornish P-2

Post by Geoffrey »

Other Boss pedals you would keep nowadays...
What do you want from life
An Indian guru
to show you the inner light?
flupe007

Post by flupe007 »

Other BOSS pedals...

I like the BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver - mod'd either by AnalogMan or CMATMODS (H2O+ mod). they both sound excellent.

Also, the Mod'd BOSS DS-1 (orange distortion pedal) kicks major ass. i know CMATMODS, AnalogMan and Robert Keeley all have mods for this pedal. i'm using the CMATMODS (rectifier tri gain mod) and it kicks ass. especially with a Beano boost going into it.

keeley mods this pedal too and i think it sounds great. i prefer both the blues driver and the distortion pedal over the TS-808 mods (done on the yellow BOSS overdrive SD-1 pedal), but i realize this is all very subjective.

the mod'd blues driver pedal (h2o+ mod) from cmatmods comes close to the Cornish SS-3. especially when you're running it at lower gain settings.

anyway... there are tons of great sounding pedals these days, but i'm really looking forward to playing a D*A*M Meathead.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Bidding on a CS2 right now. I know the DS1 is a classic and gets modded by everyone and their mother. I will search for the other 3. I am surprised you didn't like the Metal Zone. I always liked that one for the tweakability. Two of them together was crazy sounding. (Very digital sounding though...) Thanks for the tip...as always...
G.
An Indian guru
flupe007

Post by flupe007 »

I am surprised you didn't like the Metal Zone.
i know Keeley does a Mod for the Metal Zone...

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=16

would be worth checking out. i've played it before... it's pretty killer for sure.
You got three of those Meatheads, didn't you...
Yeah... i did. one's going to a friend which leaves me with 2. one for trade and one to just play. so... i'm looking forward to collecting a few D*A*M pedals.
Last edited by flupe007 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

People basically give them away. Try a couple and see what you think... That parametric eq option is great... I have sold mine in the past, but they are easy to come by...
An Indian guru
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

flupe007 wrote: His NG-2 Fuzz pedal is clearly the most insane sounding Fuzz in his lineup. It sounds a LOT like Robert Fripp from King Crimson of the mid 1970's... especially if one starts playing whole tone scales.
Hmmm interesting. Maybe the NG is based upon the Buzzaround. Totally possible as one of the first boards he ever made had the Buzz fitted to it. He'd for sure know his way around the circuit. His description of the Sustain control sounds very much like how the Buzzaround's Sustain controls works and as he says "this one goes to 15 !" :badteeth:
flupe007

Post by flupe007 »

Captain... I'll upload a couple of photos of the inside of the NG-2 pedal.

(There's a story as to why I opened her up, but I won't get into that right now. :whistle:)

He did spray the inside of the pedal with some kind of red paint to "cover" things up a bit, but I bet the photos might provide a little insight into what he's (Cornish) doing.
dazed and confused

Post by dazed and confused »

Yeah man, Pete's a great guy. Please don't do anything that might upset him.

Buy some of Pete's cables, they are the best in my opinion. I've been using them for years, loads of abuse and no probs. They are a bargain. Buy some. Buy some now. Then buy some more later. Pete's a nice guy.
flupe007

Post by flupe007 »

Ah... got ya. Cool... thanks for the tip. PM it will be.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

A PM with some guts pics would be grand if that's cool. :badteeth: I won't show them to another living soul I promise. Just for my own perversions an all.