Meathead M-13 question

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

progson

Meathead M-13 question

Post by progson »

Hello from cologne in germany,
I am new in the DAM scene and I`ve got my first pedals: A Sonic Titan and a Meathead M-13. One question:
I think the Meathead sounds best with the amp driven, the Meathead around 3 o`clock and the guitar volume not full open (around 7). I play mostly with my Les Paul R8 and my old Gibson SG Junior. My amps are an Marshall JMP 2204 and an Marshall 2061x.
Any experiences out there?
Greetings from a new DAM freak
imsilly

Re: Meathead M-13 question

Post by imsilly »

I kinda use an opposite setup CS Nocaster into vintage Fender amps, but the result is still the same, AWESOMENESS!

Because the singlecoils in the Nocaster have less output I rarely if ever have to roll back the volume. I like to alternate between a clean Fender amp and my Kingsley Jester tube overdrive in conjunction with the Meathead. The clean setting preserves the Meatheads fizz and rip, but with any distortion following it it turns to more compressed and wooly.
progson

Re: Meathead M-13 question

Post by progson »

Hello,
thanks for your answer. As I wrote, I am new in the DAM universe. Of course I will make my own experiences, but I think it`s ok to know what other users think.
Your set-up is interesting for me! No thoughts from my side using the Meathead in combination with an overdrive. I will try.
Greetings from cologne and thanks again!