Anybody want to take a crack at my Superfuzz?

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

fever606

Anybody want to take a crack at my Superfuzz?

Post by fever606 »

I’ve got a grey Univox Superfuzz that’s non-op... It passes no signal when engaged. It’s had some peripheral work done (jacks replaced) but the board is untouched as far as I can tell. At least one of the pots will probably have to be replaced (seized up). Obviously happy to pay for shipping/parts/bench time...

Also if anyone knows a source for baseplates for these, mine is MIA.

EDIT: Located in North America, so logistically someone also on this continental mass probably makes the most sense.

Mods: if this is in the wrong place, kindly alert me and I’ll delete/repost accordingly.

Cheers!
vanguard

Re: Anybody want to take a crack at my Superfuzz?

Post by vanguard »

Sounds like a job for Brad at Creepy Fingers
https://blackstrapelectrik.com/

Has anyone seen an Englishman called Gavin?
atodovax

Post by atodovax »

fever606 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:59 pm I’ve got a grey Univox Superfuzz that’s non-op... It passes no signal when engaged. It’s had some peripheral work done (jacks replaced) but the board is untouched as far as I can tell. At least one of the pots will probably have to be replaced (seized up). Obviously happy to pay for shipping/parts/bench time...

Also if anyone knows a source for baseplates for these, mine is MIA.

EDIT: Located in North America, so logistically someone also on this continental mass probably makes the most sense.

Mods: if this is in the wrong place, kindly alert me and I’ll delete/repost accordingly.

Cheers!
I would love to repair that but i live in Argentina. I`ve built a couple of those. I even have original 2sc828 and other Matsushita transistors that were used in those units. Check my Ig @iannucciaudio
jerms

Post by jerms »

i can look at it for ya😃