Introducing, Blunt Force Audio

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

Radiotron

Introducing, Blunt Force Audio

Post by Radiotron »

Hi everyone, it’s time! Introducing Blunt Force Audio custom guitar effects, my new venture into fuzz, to the world!

I have to admit, I’ve putting this off for weeks, it’s pretty nerve wrecking starting out something new, always something to be done before you make that first post.
Can’t nothing go wrong when you never get started right? :badteeth:

Here we go!

Some of you may know me from the work I did under the Mr Morphine moniker, some years ago now.
I really enjoyed making those pedals, but as life kinda took over, my output went down and eventually I packed it in altogether.

Some two years ago I was in a cycling accident that messed me up pretty good and turned my life upside down, with a long way of recovery ahead of me it was time to rethink some choices and figure out what to do next.

Enter Blunt Force Audio...

New beginnings call for a new name, Blunt Force Audio, kinda fitting no? These primitive fuzz circuits can be pretty brutal, as is landing headfirst on the pavement at full speed.

Even as a kid, whenever something caught my interest, I had to know what makes it work; what makes it work better and more than anything; how can I make it myself.
Guitars were no different.
Got a new piece of gear? Cool, let's rip it apart and see how it works.
Can't find it? Make it yourself!

I like to keep things simple (I'd say three knobs is probably one too many, although I'll make an exception for a Rat, or a good Mk-III...), I like my sounds primitive and I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to working neatly... And strive to have that reflected in my work.

The goal is pretty simple here, make some of the best fuzz boxes around, and make them to last, staying close to the originals with a cheeky mod/tweak thrown in here and there.

Over the years I've collected a healthy stash (some might disagree here, ahum) of NOS parts from the 50's/70's and it's time to put those to use and make some noise.

A few months ago we made the move to Spain, and after some settling down and a lot of prep work it’s time to get started!

I you like you can follow me on Instagram @bluntforceaudio

It’s good to be back! :party:

Here’s a first sample of BFA Bricks for you to enjoy
BFA_Brickwork.jpg
BFA_Brickwork.jpg (543.56 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
BFA_Brick_Guts.jpg
BFA_Brick_Guts.jpg (532.92 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
Ps. All graphic work on the pedals and packaging/papers are done using linocuts, pretty sweet right?
daCod

Re: Introducing, Blunt Force Audio

Post by daCod »

The Mr. Morphine we all knew and love, back with a vengeance - love it!!! :crackjam:

Theee look Bad Fekkin Ace mang. Might need to channel my inner irresponsible Cody... :marx:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Oh yes, love it :freakout:

Welcome back Robert :party:

Followed on insta
’brutish in character but not thug like’
phidias

Post by phidias »

Welcome back Robert! I still have 3 of the previous Mr. Morphine builds, they are ace!
I Love Rock'n'Roll - Compression Kills The Music - Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Buy Today!
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Very cool man! The builds looks great, and I like the new name.
Wishing you all the best! :freakout:
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
The-kangass

Post by The-kangass »

Looking tasty as hell! where I can order? :badlove:
Radiotron

Post by Radiotron »

Thanks for all the kind words and support guys!
Saw some of you even started following me on Instagram already, much appreciated, following you all back! :tu:

Man, it's good to be back, scary as hell, but good

Now working on setting up a "product line", to be slowly released over the next couple of weeks.
They're all made by hand, one at a time, and although there will be some kind of core line, the idea is to create something unique with every pedal.

I don't have a store set up yet, so best way to get into contact for more info or ordering is to send me a DM here or on Insta.
Spook

Post by Spook »

Congrats man !!:)
Pedals look killer, sent u a dm on insta :)
@dennishumbucker
:pazuzu:
pothole

Post by pothole »

I think I"m going to need a MK 1 and a BFA t-shirt!
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

These looks awesome. Followed on Instagram.
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000