1966, 2010.

The Italian two-transistor king of the bee's.

Moderator: The Captain

bloody_sunday

Post by bloody_sunday »

Looks great! And my hopes that it was going to be made again were fulfilled! I have two questions:

1. Sorry if it was already mentioned, but how much is it going to cost? And will the list be around a year long, or no one knows anything about it yet?

2. Since it is going to include a Super Bee side once again, is it really worth it to keep on producing the standalone Superbee? I am on the list for it for something like 8 months, and if I am going to get both sounds with the new 1966, I might leave it and wait for a new 1966 instead. I know they have a few differences in the circuit, but as far as I can judge from a few comparison clips (VERY few - we need more...) the sonic differences are minor. I think I like the 1966 Super Bee side more as I got the impression it sounds more full and detailed in its highs, with just a hint of a mid scoop.
Salvation is a last-minute business, boy.
Jemlite

Post by Jemlite »

I just got an email my name is up on a 66. Came here to find out if it's legit... it came from Joe with a strange email address, and I can't find much on him. The website given to me joespedals.com does not work. Who is Joe, is he working with Dave? Thanks!
emeka

Re:

Post by emeka »

Jemlite wrote:I just got an email my name is up on a 66. Came here to find out if it's legit... it came from Joe with a strange email address, and I can't find much on him. The website given to me joespedals.com does not work. Who is Joe, is he working with Dave? Thanks!
Sorry, man. Just forward the email to me and I'll deal with it for you. :marx:
facebook.com/neptunemassivemusic

facebook.com/paermusic
Jemlite

Re: Re:

Post by Jemlite »

emeka wrote: Sorry, man. Just forward the email to me and I'll deal with it for you. :marx:
Haha... thanks though bro!... So, after some more research I'm seeing Joes name around here, so things are looking up! It just was strange getting the email after all this time and it didn't state anything about who the guy was (my last 2 list emails came from Dave).... just "do you still want it". I knew the next email was "pay me", so I wanted to be sure it wasn't going to a bank in Nigeria, haha.
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

It's Joe from V&R. He is currently running all lists.
The Captain

Re:

Post by The Captain »

Jemlite wrote:I just got an email my name is up on a 66. Came here to find out if it's legit... it came from Joe with a strange email address, and I can't find much on him. The website given to me joespedals.com does not work. Who is Joe, is he working with Dave? Thanks!
Yarp, its all above board and right on the money. :tu: Fear not you are in good hands. Joe has worked with D*A*M for many a year now. FYI - Joe's user name here is fuzzlight.
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

I just received a superbee, and it sounds very different than the 1966 in super bee mode, so it's worth to have both.
I find the new super bee to have more bassend, and be tighter. the 66 is more sputtery.
I wonder if it's due to the trannies. Cos I remeber an early bee to sound pretty similar to the 66 in bee mode.
Live Slow... Die old...
redeyeflight

Re:

Post by redeyeflight »

molokaio wrote:I just received a superbee, and it sounds very different than the 1966 in super bee mode, so it's worth to have both.
I find the new super bee to have more bassend, and be tighter. the 66 is more sputtery.
I wonder if it's due to the trannies. Cos I remeber an early bee to sound pretty similar to the 66 in bee mode.
I think my superbee was #23...don't have it any more but it sounded quite different than my 66 in be mode so maybe the REALLY early one's were more akin t the 66? Sounded exactly as you described molokaio...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

I'm curious if this new 66 Bee mode sounds closer to the Super Bee pedal.
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

I have the red & gold 1966, and it doesnt! Both have some great sounds!
Dave, these 2010 models are like the R&G or even more muscolar?
Live Slow... Die old...