Meathead Dark #000

For the explorer in the realms of distortion generation.

Moderator: The Captain

drunkenguitarist

Re: Meathead Dark #000

Post by drunkenguitarist »

1bottlerocket wrote:007 Meathead Dark arrived yesterday, and reporting for duty!
Cool, lets hear some clips. :crackjam:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

drunkenguitarist wrote:
1bottlerocket wrote:007 Meathead Dark arrived yesterday, and reporting for duty!
I'll be getting on that around the 21st-22nd. My wife is headed out of town for a few days, I have off work and a new zoom H4n on the way!!! :crackjam:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Dorsia

Post by Dorsia »

really want the meathead dark to be my first D*A*M, my friends has got one, and oh by gosh by holly. love it! plus i love the art work for it.
Tricalibur

Post by Tricalibur »

That is amazing

So you are going to redesign the housing for the list version? Why would you change it though? It's so awesome already!
i love sharin foo

Post by i love sharin foo »

Sickle wrote:I'm only making some minor adjustments and trying an idea here and there, no biggie. The design needs to be scaled to the different enclosure size anyways, so it makes sense to execute any tweaks now while a new silk screen is already required.
So what enclosure will be contained in? The size of the small box Meat Oms? Or larger than that? Either way, Ic an't wait to see what they end up looking like :popcorn:
JP30

Post by JP30 »

i love sharin foo wrote:
Sickle wrote:I'm only making some minor adjustments and trying an idea here and there, no biggie. The design needs to be scaled to the different enclosure size anyways, so it makes sense to execute any tweaks now while a new silk screen is already required.
So what enclosure will be contained in? The size of the small box Meat Oms? Or larger than that? Either way, Ic an't wait to see what they end up looking like :popcorn:
Different size enclosure.... :ugeek: ??
may be DLX size box ?

For some strange reason,, I been thinking that Dark's gonna have two knob ?? like Fleshhead... (just dreaming about it... :drool2: ))
i love sharin foo

Re: Meathead Dark #001

Post by i love sharin foo »

happiass wrote:
Sickle wrote:I gotta say, this Meathead Dark is very close to being my favorite fuzz box I've ever had the pleasure of plugging into.
:agree: I haven't been able to stop playing mine. I have a few meatheads and I dig them all, but I'm pretty sure the Dark is hands-down my favorite.
I can now vouch for this!

The dark is a total beast. The black and gold one I have sounds huge and I didn't think that the dark could go that much forther.... but it does :shocked2: It is going to be a permanent fixture for me. I'm finding that having big cabs with a healthy speaker count and high powered heads is pretty much a prerequisite here. My little Orange AD5 can't handle this bastard at all.. the lows and volume are just too much. It entirely overloads and sounds like it's on a delay almost :zgrin: So far I am really liking it through my Matamp 120, set slightly cleaner than usual. I can see how these might not work well for some folks, but for me and my usual setup, this is perfect.

Also, those graphics look even better in person Donovan!
happiass

Post by happiass »

i love sharin foo wrote:I'm finding that having big cabs with a healthy speaker count and high powered heads is pretty much a prerequisite here.
I completely agree. It doesn't really work that well with my low/mid powered amps but its absolutely devastating thru my JCM 800. Congrats on scoring one :tu: .
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I am finding that the silicon fuzz pedals sound better through my 50 watt Park 2x12 combo, while the Germanium seem to be more flexible, at least to my ears. :badteeth:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
cubba

Post by cubba »

1bottlerocket wrote:
drunkenguitarist wrote:
I'll be getting on that around the 21st-22nd. My wife is headed out of town for a few days, I have off work and a new zoom H4n on the way!!! :crackjam:
Great recording unit!!!

I use the H4 regularly at the rehearsal space and it sounds awesome.
The new one looks like it has a much better interface.
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende