just when I thought the meathead couldn't get any cooler....

For the explorer in the realms of distortion generation.

Moderator: The Captain

modeerf

just when I thought the meathead couldn't get any cooler....

Post by modeerf »

Here comes the meathead dark, direct from V&R. Matches my sonic titan with its purple sparkley paintjob. Fuck man, do I love this thing. I can't stop playing it, just got done jamming for about 5 hrs straight and the riffs just keep coming. This thing and my 70's inspired strat just scream kyuss demon cleaner.

You know you've got a great pedal on your hands when it inspires endless creativity. There's not much more that I can say about it that hasn't already been said by those who have played it but...its pretty fucking great.

Smooth and fat are how I describe it. very fuzzy and yet distortion-like without being a distortion. I always hate when my fuzzes are to much like a distortion. I don't know what it is but this pedal with my strat is instant kyuss.(through any of my amps)

I was looking for a pedal that could make my strat as heavy as my les paul and this is it.

Well done David. :zgrin:
Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
Scott

Re: just when I thought the meathead couldn't get any cooler....

Post by Scott »

that's awesome man!!! I'm on the list to be picked shortly. Can't wait! It's the bees knees!!! :crackjam:
worldcatalyst

Post by worldcatalyst »

I'm on the list for one as well. Just hoping that my DLX show's up a little sooner.

Congrats on the score man! Hope it's a keeper. :crackjam: :party:
edkoppel

Post by edkoppel »

I'm on the list but have no idea where.
hopefully it's not too far down the road.

congrats!
they seem to sound amazing.
Oh, DB? That's just slang for Dandy Big muff collector.
-----------------------
Tone Machines, Vintage Effects Blog: www.tonemachinesblog.com

Instagram: https://instagram.com/ed_skymall
JP30

Post by JP30 »

i am on the wating list for one at V&R as well. :coffee:
can't wait.. but i must . .. :party:
velgor

Post by velgor »

I'm on the list as well. A month for now. How long have you been? Do you have any idea how long the list goes? The GMD youtube review didn't do good for my enthusiasm.

Well, the day will come...
what kind of hell is this anyway?
I am Incinerator

Post by I am Incinerator »

The Dark keeps tempting me, but since I don't really play downtuned guitars or have an amp that would handle the brutality of the Dark...I feel I wouldn't be using it to it's fullest extent.

The GMD demo video didn't help matters, though!

I'm in line for a deluxe, which may be enough meathead for my own heavies for now...
modeerf

Post by modeerf »

I have a standard and a deluxe, and all three are very different from eachother. My deluxe is an older smallbox ohm version but, it is really cool in its own way, It has a really fuzzy vintage feel to it, I really love this pedal. The standard meathead is more of a "heavy" sort of pedal tons of bite and volume, loves to be palm muted.

I havn't seen the gmd video, but I just know that the dark is all that I hoped it would be and more. At first It seems to be very bass heavy and "dark" but It sort of commands a certain style of play (and it does it really good). It even cleans up pretty well, not as well as the deluxe but better than the standard IMO. It seems fuzzier than the standard, but not raspy like the deluxe. I personally like it better with my strat than my other humbucker guitars.

I would really like to get my hands on a black and gold, especially now that I've tried the dark. Everyone that has one says its they're favorite meathead. I'd guess its a little like all three.

Im not sure how long I waited for it, It was a while as I signed up for all the lists last year sometime. Just got the titan too. have a few more coming soon but I think the super bee is gonna take the longest aside from the fuzzrong which isn't shipping yet I don't think.
Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
core9

Post by core9 »

Sickle wrote:
JP30 wrote:i am on the wating list for one at V&R as well. :coffee:
can't wait.. but i must . .. :party:
You won't need it.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
What does this cryptic message mean Sickle?? What monster is coming now??