Meathead Dark!

For the explorer in the realms of distortion generation.

Moderator: The Captain

pigeontoe

Meathead Dark!

Post by pigeontoe »

Just got through messing around a bit

Les Paul>Meathead Dark>Doomidrive>Matamp

Absolutely Massive...................earth shaking...............mind blowing.....................dopesmoker riffage

deaf now :zgrin:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
JP30

Re: Meathead Dark!

Post by JP30 »

i think my DARK is on the way. i am getting :errr: scared. :help:

:party:
edkoppel

Post by edkoppel »

I think I still have a long wait...
I love the black and gold version, and that new Red version looks amazing.
hopefully they are still either of those colors when I come up to bat.
Oh, DB? That's just slang for Dandy Big muff collector.
-----------------------
Tone Machines, Vintage Effects Blog: www.tonemachinesblog.com

Instagram: https://instagram.com/ed_skymall
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

:pissed: Just got the B&G meathead dark from Jon at downstroke and it is massive!! Played it alongside my regular meathead for about an hour today with my jazzmaster and old 60's gibson 1x10 amp (so no 4X12 cab or anything). Sounded fantastic!! Ima big fan of doom stuff but I don't really play that style. Anyways, my point...I'll get to it. It's great fer pretty much any type of big, fuzzy toned music you might want to play. I wouldn't say I took a "risk" buying this but I did wonder how it would work for me based on its intended use with baritone, detuned, bass heavy riffage through hi-wattage big stacks...but it works really really nicely. Just loves the way it feeds back and a very nice complement to the regular methead...they both have different thangs to offer, sound quite different, and behave very differently in regards to pick attack and volume manipulation. Super pedal dudes :headbanger: Drone on.... :party:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
T.Glaze

Re: Meathead Dark!

Post by T.Glaze »

got mine today from downstroke,
awesome!
thanks,
t
edkoppel

Post by edkoppel »

everytime this thread gets bumped i think it's in the money pit and i get pumped up...then i open it.
:doh:
Oh, DB? That's just slang for Dandy Big muff collector.
-----------------------
Tone Machines, Vintage Effects Blog: www.tonemachinesblog.com

Instagram: https://instagram.com/ed_skymall
worldcatalyst

Post by worldcatalyst »

Just keep on waiting man. Your patience will be rewarded. :tu:
therealzeke

Post by therealzeke »

Has anyone got a meathead dark that they play through an orange amp? Just trying to work out if it would sound good
Great deals with:
smogfalls
emanux
fatherjack
jetofuj
notnowjohn
capricorn1
chattmatt
kingoftheroad
I am Incinerator

Re:

Post by I am Incinerator »

redeyeflight wrote::pissed: Just got the B&G meathead dark from Jon at downstroke and it is massive!! Played it alongside my regular meathead for about an hour today with my jazzmaster and old 60's gibson 1x10 amp (so no 4X12 cab or anything). Sounded fantastic!! Ima big fan of doom stuff but I don't really play that style. Anyways, my point...I'll get to it. It's great fer pretty much any type of big, fuzzy toned music you might want to play. I wouldn't say I took a "risk" buying this but I did wonder how it would work for me based on its intended use with baritone, detuned, bass heavy riffage through hi-wattage big stacks...but it works really really nicely. Just loves the way it feeds back and a very nice complement to the regular methead...they both have different thangs to offer, sound quite different, and behave very differently in regards to pick attack and volume manipulation. Super pedal dudes :headbanger: Drone on.... :party:
That's interesting. I may need to flip the script and check one of these out instead of a Deluxe. I was originally interested in the Dark, but after hearing it was intended for big amps and detuned guitars I thought that I would look into a deluxe instead. Then I saw the gearmandude video and he was using a dark into a Dr. Z Maz 18(?) which is similar wattage and power tube type to my TopHat Club Royale. I do plan on getting into a Blonde Bassman inspired build soon...which I think that would be more appropriate for the Dark. I do like the one-knob :fu: concept of the Dark...I was close to finding a way to get a used lime green standard meat, but with my wedding coming up soon...I figured I would wait (then I go and snag a Trans Copper D'n'F :teeth2: :punchself: :ohno: )
smogfalls

Re:

Post by smogfalls »

therealzeke wrote:Has anyone got a meathead dark that they play through an orange amp? Just trying to work out if it would sound good
Which Orange do you have? I played a friend's Meathead Dark through another friend's AD30TC 2x12 Combo, and it sounded glorious... seems to be the perfect partnership to me... Orange + Fuzz = win

Xan :)
Guitar Lessons - Online via Skype or in Nottingham, England

http://alexfarran.webs.com

Shape Lieutenant - Progressive Rock/Metal/Jazz...

http://soundcloud.com/shape-lt/shape-lt ... -june-2011