Match made in heaven!

Tone-Bending electronic fuzz unit, harmonic generator with 20 second sustain.

Moderator: The Captain

duende

Match made in heaven!

Post by duende »

Just scored a MIM 60's tele. Mannn..... This guitar kills with the MKII! Cleans up in very different way then all my other guitars with the MKII. Roll back on the volume knob, and you have a crazy good mild fuzz tone. Lots of fuzzy sustain in the background, but with some serious full chord playability up front. Roll back to full and your back in dynamic thick fuzz-landia.

Were these made for eachother?? Seems so to me!

One thing to note, the guitar came with an extra cap on the volume pot to retain highs when rolled back. NO GOOD....for fuzzes!! Found that out quick. Kept the roll back from doing anything. Snipped that cap, and whamo! Amazing playability!

Best $400 guitar I'll ever have.
supro48

Re: Match made in heaven!

Post by supro48 »

amp?
duende

Post by duende »

The fuzz clean-factor i'm talking about has more to do with pups then amps it seems. I'm finding similar results with all my single-ended and my big amps.

I've had this MKII for years and though I love it with my other guitars, it has much more range and flexibility with the tele.
duende

Post by duende »

It's official. My MKII is back out of retirement. My 1966 goes back on the shelf. The 1966 has some killer over driven tones that I'll miss, but the Tele into the MKII gives me the Fuzz Twang that just can't do without. Must be my middle age.

Has anyone compared the old MKIIs to the new Macaris??
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

duende wrote: Has anyone compared the old MKIIs to the new Macaris??
Old D*A*M MKII's or old Sola Sound MKII's? I has compared them both :teeth2:

The new Sola's I tune so they sound like a nice example of a vintage unit. The basic idea is the good folk buying these things get something that looks, feels, smells? and sounds like the real thing minus a heart attack, a re-mortgage and a cupboard full of noodles for a year.
smogfalls

Post by smogfalls »

Tele + MkII... certainly is a match made in heaven. I always use my DAM/Sola MkII with my 62 Tele.

:freakout:

Xan :)
Guitar Lessons - Online via Skype or in Nottingham, England

http://alexfarran.webs.com

Shape Lieutenant - Progressive Rock/Metal/Jazz...

http://soundcloud.com/shape-lt/shape-lt ... -june-2011
Cado

Post by Cado »

Is the Tele & MII combo very different than using a Strat. Does this mean that I have to but a Tele and somehow sneek that into my flat without my wife noticing?
Scott

Post by Scott »

NEVER but a tele!!! They but back!!! :crackjam: :doh: I need my coffee!!
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

Cado wrote:Is the Tele & MII combo very different than using a Strat. Does this mean that I have to but a Tele and somehow sneek that into my flat without my wife noticing?
Yes, you're going to need to sneak a Tele into the flat. I'll bring my Tele along with the pedals if we ever get around to getting together. Strat sounds a little rattier with a MKII. Tele and MKII is a magic combo. Rivals a Strat and a Fuzz Face. Seems Page was onto something back in the day.
duende

Post by duende »

The Captain wrote:
duende wrote: Has anyone compared the old MKIIs to the new Macaris??
Old D*A*M MKII's or old Sola Sound MKII's? I has compared them both :teeth2:

The new Sola's I tune so they sound like a nice example of a vintage unit. The basic idea is the good folk buying these things get something that looks, feels, smells? and sounds like the real thing minus a heart attack, a re-mortgage and a cupboard full of noodles for a year.
Hey El Capiton!

Correction... the old DAM MKIIs with the new Macari's. Wondering if I need to get meself on another order list!

And yes... Page was definitely onto something with the Tele/MKII combo!! I hate to sound materialistic... But it seems this new set-up, was just what I needed to breathe some life into these old bones of mine. Old Dog... Meet new tricks!

Also loving my Tele into my Klon... So that one may resurface on the board too it seems.

Anyone here try the Don Mare "Donocaster" pups?? I have a 0038 (broadcaster clone) on order, but it specs out pretty high in the ohms. Don't want to throw a wrench into the mix, so I'm thinking of changing my order and getting some of his more traditional lower output pups.

What say you??