Rooster to push a fuzz or distortion using clean amp

Tonal shaping & volume boosting delivered with germanium love.

Moderator: The Captain

tekbow

Post by tekbow »

On the subject of your pink flesh, i have a pig mine and Marc's pedals do what they say on the box :) they are indeed gilmour, ernie isley, or billy corgan (depending on your skreddy). but they can do an awful lot more too. Great pedals
when you have a war, you want some people to be left alive at the end really.. otherwise it looks like you lost

Good deals:
Abanoise
Otis
ians371

Post by ians371 »

Yes I agree about Skreddy pedals and marc's genius.
Just wondering if placing a treble booster like the DAM Red Rooster ahead of the PF would result in some good lead tones ??

Cheers
Ian
so&so

Re:

Post by so&so »

pothole wrote:Welcome to the forum. I'm running an AC15HW1 as well and would say that a Red Rooster is required for your setup for what you want to do. It's the magic button.
Roosters are epic. I don't have an AC15, but I completely support the above sentiment.
the treble boost kid

Post by the treble boost kid »

I might have to pick one of these up someday.....i was thinking of installing an effects loop, but this might be a more friendly option....switching amps etc....

thanks Dev.
:tu:
Let's be fucking honest........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJF6kk7fjNk
T I E - F I G H T E R..........L E T S R O L L !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNs0RALUQw
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Another option is the Ho attenuator with a built-in FX loop. I haz one of those with the AC30. That way you don't need an extra power amp/speaker -- just put the delay in line after the power amp dirt and before the speakers.
Works great
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
duende

Re: Rooster to push a fuzz or distortion using clean amp

Post by duende »

Guess I'm not seeing the problem here. I run my rooster at 2o'clock into my clean twin. Have a delay and mod in line after the rooster. Fuzzes before klon after.

Stays clean until I kick in the Klon.

Keep it simple I say
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Because the best way to play a Vox is to crank it and shove a Rangie in front of it, but nobody wants delay going into a dirty amp -- it sounds like mush.
I suspect a cranked Twin would blow your face off with or without the Rooster?
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
duende

Post by duende »

Haha.. Yeah

I crank my twin with the bright switch off. About 6 typically, this way it acts like a leveling amplifier and chills out all the volume jumps between pedals.

My delay has a bit of a jump too.

Brian May really started this whole post pre-amp distortion delay sound. Pretty tricky if you ask me. Impedence changes can be a real life sucker on one's guitar tone. Worked for him obviously.
tekbow

Post by tekbow »

well.. i think that the post preamp thing applies more to modern amps because of the levels of distortion they were capable of (say from the mid 70's thru when master volumes started coming to prominence) via the pre amp. a lot of earlier distortion/fuzz/overdrive was pre-preamp from the use of a pedal knocking into a cooking poweramp section which is why the earlier "distorted delays" don't sound completely like mush, so essentially the delay isn't affected as much by power amp over drive as it is by pregain. In fact gilmour sound was all pedals running into an amp with huge headroom, the power amp was adding harmonic complexity in that case. The whole distorted delay vs delayed distortion applies more to master volume amps with huge amounts of preamp gain and no fx loop
when you have a war, you want some people to be left alive at the end really.. otherwise it looks like you lost

Good deals:
Abanoise
Otis
ians371

Post by ians371 »

That's how I am going to proceed,just like Gilmour.Using a clean amp setting and pedals.This way by delay , reverb and mod will be in front of the amp.If he can do it so can I.
Thanks for all the input guys,much appreciated.