placement of Red Rooster in pedal chain...?

Tonal shaping & volume boosting delivered with germanium love.

Moderator: The Captain

therealzeke

Post by therealzeke »

Mine goes straight after my sunface, sounds a bit odd the other way round
Great deals with:
smogfalls
emanux
fatherjack
jetofuj
notnowjohn
capricorn1
chattmatt
kingoftheroad
fatherjack

Re: placement of Red Rooster in pedal chain...?

Post by fatherjack »

I know this thread's been around a while, but I recently got one of the new, blue, roosters.
I've found the best place for it in my set-up is after fuzz and before od. I like playing my Oxfuzz with the guitar vol down on about 7-8 for clean(ish) and kicking on the rooster without changing vol on the guitar gives a really good 'cut through the mix' lead tone.
Oxfuzz + Rooster = :headbanger:
Also Rooster + AC Booster = :freakout:
All in all, Red Rooster is a great pedal. I love it.
I could give up beer, but I'm not a quitter.
pothole

Post by pothole »

I just spent about an hour trying to figure out Rooster placement Ended up after the Jerms MKI and Pigdog MK1.5, but before my Deviltone MK1.5 one knobber hybrid thing. The Rooster is pretty cool...it simultaneously is subtle yet brutal, dark yet bright, loud yet soft. I think this is be one of those pedals that takes some time to truly understand all the things it can do and the ways it can do it...if that makes any sense.
bennybanana

Post by bennybanana »

I loves my Roosters...I believe they sound great anywhere, and make all my other pedals sound betterer!
pothole

Re:

Post by pothole »

bennybanana wrote:I loves my Roosters...I believe they sound great anywhere, and make all my other pedals sound betterer!
Ain't that the truth...we practiced last night so I got to see how the Rooster does in a loud live environ and it did make everything sound betterer. Love it! :party:
Turkish

Post by Turkish »

I know this is an old thread but for posterity I thought I'd put this here. I don't know why I haven't spent more time with this setup. I'm surprised at how much OD I can get and it stays airy and balanced. Palm mutes well too if that's important. The guitar volume is utterly usable. Sounds great when rolled back. This is the magic of the Rooster.

SG > RR-10 > Klone > pretty clean Pro Reverb

"The Meathead is supposed to break things" -The Captain
duende

Post by duende »

^ nice one!

I use my RR after my pigdog loony (MKI) and before my Klon. Kick it in for leads and on its own, it provides a nice dynamic jangle OD alternative to the Klons thick OD tone.. That with my vibrolux.

On my Princeton set-ho, I use a mini driver after my prized DAM oc81D MKII, and before my KTR.

Kind of a similar set-up for both. Basically my point is treble booster after fuzz and before OD. That's the ticket.
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

Turkish wrote:I know this is an old thread but for posterity I thought I'd put this here. I don't know why I haven't spent more time with this setup. I'm surprised at how much OD I can get and it stays airy and balanced. Palm mutes well too if that's important. The guitar volume is utterly usable. Sounds great when rolled back. This is the magic of the Rooster.

SG > RR-10 > Klone > pretty clean Pro Reverb

Off-topic, but I placed a order for a Rimrock Mythical Overdrive yesterday! I'm anxious to see how it does with my setup! :crackjam: No Red Rooster though... :coffee:
Turkish

Post by Turkish »

I dig mine. I'd like to play a real Klon someday but this one seems to be pretty close based on some of the videos I've seen. I hope you enjoy the Mythical too.
"The Meathead is supposed to break things" -The Captain