Fuzzrong FR-70

Amazing professionals with its tonal performance.

Moderator: The Captain

daCod

Post by daCod »

always brue typass :party:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
SSgt93

Re:

Post by SSgt93 »

daCod wrote:always brue typass :party:
Good deal. I think the Meathead is a great deal for the money. Still not sure. Listening to all the demo's I can find. Not too many on the FR-70.
SSgt93 on Twitter & Instagram.
-Steve
SSgt93

Re: Fuzzrong FR-70

Post by SSgt93 »

Which D*A*M would you rather have out of the two, the Meathead single knob or the FR-70 and why?
-Steve
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I am a big fan of the meathead. As I understand, it was developed as a variation on the Fuzzface circuit. I usually don't gravitate toward silicon based circuits but the meathead really does it for me. I find it a genius design and I am able to dial in a lot of different tones with that one knob. I usually pair it with a Rooster and set it up differently depending if I want to play loud rhythm work or need a boost for a lead. The warmth, here on the board, taught me a lot about how he uses his meathead and it really works for me.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

1bottlerocket wrote:I am a big fan of the meathead. As I understand, it was developed as a variation on the Fuzzface circuit. I usually don't gravitate toward silicon based circuits but the meathead really does it for me. I find it a genius design and I am able to dial in a lot of different tones with that one knob. I usually pair it with a Rooster and set it up differently depending if I want to play loud rhythm work or need a boost for a lead. The warmth, here on the board, taught me a lot about how he uses his meathead and it really works for me.
I keep listening between the 70 and Meathead YouTubes and I think the Meathead is leading for me. Thank for your thoughts. -Steve
-Steve
arem

Post by arem »

I love them both to death but I'd have to say the Meathead, it is the definitive DAM pedal.
Average fucks given per hour = 0
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

Great advice all, thanks.
-Steve
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Wonder if the Meathead has any similarity to the Creepy Fingers Fuzzbud - another killer one-knob fuzz. It's based on the Colorsound fuzz circuit but I'm sure I've read that it's also very similar to a silicon Fuzz Face.
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

I don't know. I'm looking at the Meathead and the Super Bee now. My worry is that the Super Bee with NKT's will be too close to my Sunbender and Peppermint Fuzz. I think I just need to pick up the Meathead and be done with it.
-Steve
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

The colorsound one knob fuzz and the meathead are not really very similar IMO. Colorsound is less gainy, smoother, and much much more "vintage" sounding if you will. It's got some nice hair to it but its nothing like the meathead wich is just a massive sludgy wall of doom. I find the meathead is just about the ultimate circuit for super sustained wall of fuzz riffage! They really are vey different despite both having one knob.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")