FUZZRONG LOVE OR I'LL SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE..

Amazing professionals with its tonal performance.

Moderator: The Captain

pigeontoe

Re: FUZZRONG LOVE OR I'LL SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE..

Post by pigeontoe »

I just got mine thanks to you and slomatic, and I can tell you this is a wicked little bastard. On extreme settings I get crazy ocillation and assorted wierd noises I can't even explain. I have come to aquire many fuzzes in recent times, but this one is totally unique. I love it. Can you point me to some tracks that make use of the original?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

Not Black, more like Matamp Green
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

Sickle, what the hell have you done to my sig!?!? Looks like Colt McCoy has a Cthulu head. You manage to further out do yourself when I think anything you do can't be any weirder. Sorry to be OT, but Jesus Christ that's weird. Any certain meaning or point to it? I kinda like it in a strange way.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

:lol: Too cool. :hihi: That chap sure will play better pickuphandball now.
cubba

Post by cubba »

Love your new avatar Dave!
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

+1 on Dave's avatar & :cthulhu:

i just took photos of my DAM stomps
including #24 FUZZrong (silver hammy)

...coming soon to a thread near you :party:

:tongue:
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

fuhuhuhuuhuuuck!
you gotta zeke AND a fuzzaround?!
sweeet jesus, you sold BOTH your kids?!!!
:hihi:

:errr: :drunk:
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

I got a Fuzzrong from an unnamed source. I am quite happy with it. In fact, I have no other fuzz pedal that does quite what it does. It's hard for me to describe the sound (so I won't try right now). Further, and I've tried and tried to change, I am less interested in the Fuzzaround than the Fuzzrong. :shocked2: Anyone else feel that way? Am I insane? I think the Fuzzaround sounds good, but I do not HEAR what is so unique about it. (In the clips, it just sounds like a versatile fuzz to me.) The Fuzzrong in my opinion is sounds very unique.

No this is not a reverse psychology ploy to get you less interested in the Fuzzaround so that I may beat you to the BIN. Honestly, I've been trying everyday to justify going for the Fuzzaround BIN--listening to the clips over and over--but I just am not crazy about it. In fact, I've been reading all the Fuzzaround owners describe how awesome it is to try to MAKE myself want it, since I know Dave will never make it again. Is there something SOUND WISE about the Fuzzaround I'm just missing here? To me the Fuzzrong is incredible.

Remembered Philips clips. Listed to them. Ok, I can better see what this pedal has to offer.
Last edited by jimi_dylan on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cado

Post by Cado »

I know what you mean, I'm more of a Tonebender guy. I could have been one of the original 10 but passed due to finances, I had a MKII coming. I also have a 1966. I prefer these tones, but cutting through the mix can be an issue. I may try for one of the BINs, I don't know. My problem is that if I buy it & it doesn't work out I won't sell it. Did I mention that I'm saving for an amp that will cost $2,500. :headpop:
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

I am love my Fuzzrong for certain things. It has a 3D quality to it that I've never heard on anything else. It would be good for a 60's type solo ala The Stooges or Iron Butterfly. It's kinda like a one trick pony for me, but it's a damn fine pony. The Fuzzaround is versatile yes, but there are about two sounds in it that kill me. The all out, everything dimed, sound is just a monster. It feels possessed by a transcendent spirit to me, ambiguous as to good or evil. It's hard to explain why I like it so, but just think of Neo and all the other fuzzes out there as Agents. Or, think of it as Thor's hammer: Mjolnir. It just decimates you and could care less if you like it or not. I don't play it, it plays me. I really, honestly, get that feeling like it manifests itself in me and posses me to do certain things. I might be crazy, but that's what it does for me. Also, the other sound, everything pretty much turned all the way down, is a trebley sound that is pretty cool. It sounds like if the Fuzzaround is being nicer and actually letting you play it a little.

Back to the fuzzrong. This is what the topic is about right? Oh, ok, good. Well the Fuzzrong is just like a mental torpedo to me. It's something meant to be played and mastered in the background, to be taken matter of factly, and then all of a sudden your head spontaneously combust at the sound it produces and the layered complexity of it all. :headpop:

That's my take on all of it.