Rangemaster Appreciation Post

Post sounds and videos of bands you dig on, even your own.

Moderator: The Captain

peps1

Re: Rangemaster Appreciation Post

Post by peps1 »

arem wrote:I have a friend building Rangemaster for me and him and I said I'd find the trannies for them. Any recommendations where I can source a good ones for a medium crunchy pedal?
Vintage-Parts.com have the Philips OC44, OC44.05 and CV7004 in stock (as always with germanum its the luck of the draw with hfe and leekage, so grab more then you need!)

And clark1230 on ebay has a bunch of Belgium made Philips OC44 that are really good.

(no affiliation to either seller, just a happy customer and have used the transistors recommended).
arem

Post by arem »

Thanks, much appreciated!
Average fucks given per hour = 0
skullservant

Post by skullservant »

Built up this Rangemaster with an AC125 and I really dig it. Compared to the OC75 that I'd built up before this one is a little more mellow, but still can get growly. I've been finding that I feel weird when I DON'T have the Rangemaster on!

daCod

Post by daCod »

if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
waveclipper

Post by waveclipper »

Revalved/tubed AC30 with some nice 1970 Sovteks breaking in a new Celestion gold with help from a Pigdog Rangie and feeling like a War Catfish :zgrin:

Released a year before Sabbath's debut...

Rangies rule :headbanger:
TeeWrecks

Post by TeeWrecks »

I just got an amp top Range Driver from PIGDOG and a custom rangie from Lumpy's with full range boost. Both sound amazing. I was sur ethat I would love the PIG more but I am on the fence. Both rule!
Zuff-1A

Post by Zuff-1A »

Interesting silicon T Booster (it is ebay find)
Attachments
Booster 1.JPG
Booster 2.JPG
Booster 3.JPG
mikemac

Post by mikemac »

waveclipper wrote:Revalved/tubed AC30 with some nice 1970 Sovteks breaking in a new Celestion gold with help from a Pigdog Rangie and feeling like a War Catfish :zgrin:

Released a year before Sabbath's debut...

Rangies rule :headbanger:
He was just so damn good. They were so damn good.
"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me - like food or water."
-Ray Charles
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Post by anemochore »

Anybody read this interview with Tony Iommi?

Treble-trouble
What other key pieces of gear did you use back then?

"When I lived in Cumberland, when we did the Mythology thing [Iommi's earlier band], there was a guy up there and I used to use his treble booster called a [Dallas] Rangemaster to give my sound a bit more 'oomph'. A guy from another band up there said, 'I can make that sound better for you'. So he took it off me and brought it back the next day. I don't know what he did to it, but it was really good. I used that treble booster on all the early Sabbath albums and put it into the Laney because it boosted the input and gave it the overdrive I was looking for, which amps in the early days didn't have.

"I used that treble booster up until 1979 when I had a guy come in to build me some Marshalls. They gave me a whole stack of Marshalls and this guy came in and rebuilt them. In the meantime, while he was building these things, he threw my treble booster away. I didn't know until it came to the time when I was looking for it and he said, 'Oh that? I threw it away. It was crap'. I couldn't believe it. I've never seen it from that day on and my amps didn't sound right without it."

http://www.musicradar.com/us/totalguita ... ath-310167
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
Yggdrazil

Post by Yggdrazil »

Thanks for sharing this :tu:
Instagram:@Stonefly_effects

The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world.>David Fair