METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post sounds and videos of bands you dig on, even your own.

Moderator: The Captain

User avatar
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:53 pm

METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post by CONAN » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:59 am

I know these are a bit 'heavy metal' but a mate of mine nabbed a couple of tickets for £40 each the other day for their NEM Arena show in Manchester tomorrow.

I haven't really been into these ageing Metal titans since years ago (I liked them until they released the Black album but then went off of them when I discovered the likes of Nirvana and Soundgarden) but I am glad to go.

Anyone seen them live?
User avatar
aaland_brian
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:48 pm

Re: METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post by aaland_brian » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:13 am

Metallica put on a pretty tight live show, I saw them about 10 years ago, but machine head are awesome live if you like metal. You'll have a good time.
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
User avatar
dirty finger
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Re: METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post by dirty finger » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:14 am

Not since they and I were young lads.
Manny Apollo on the Puppets tour with Hetfield's busted arm and Sir Cliff still on bass.
Anthrax as support.
Entry fee £4.

Don't worry you'll love it.
You just can't beat a good old fashioned heavy metal night out.
:trippn:
User avatar
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:53 pm

Re: METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post by CONAN » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:26 am

I just hope they play some of the old stuff :whistle:
User avatar
starlingbrothers
Posts: 524
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post by starlingbrothers » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:28 am

dirty finger wrote:Not since they and I were young lads.
Manny Apollo on the Puppets tour with Hetfield's busted arm and Sir Cliff still on bass.
Anthrax as support.
Entry fee £4.

Don't worry you'll love it.
You just can't beat a good old fashioned heavy metal night out.
:trippn:
Sir Cliff Richard on bass ? :hihi:
User avatar
Jazzandmetal?
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:41 am

Re: METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post by Jazzandmetal? » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:35 pm

CONAN wrote:I just hope they play some of the old stuff :whistle:
My friend just saw this line up here in the states. He said Metallica played 6 songs from the new one and everything else was pre-2002 Metallica. :freakout:
User avatar
Kayzer
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post by Kayzer » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:19 pm

I would go but it is allready sold out in my hometown! :choke:
+350 pedal demos from hell
http://www.youtube.com/xtimehascomex
User avatar
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:53 pm

Re: METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post by CONAN » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Jazzandmetal? wrote:
CONAN wrote:I just hope they play some of the old stuff :whistle:
My friend just saw this line up here in the states. He said Metallica played 6 songs from the new one and everything else was pre-2002 Metallica. :freakout:
Fucking Awesome!!!!! :drool2:
User avatar
redeyeflight
Posts: 6630
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:48 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post by redeyeflight » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:39 pm

the sword is awesome...seen em a couple of times here in local clubs and they really put on a pounding live show...unfortunately I'm not a big fan of their "witches and wizards" lyrics but those can easily be forgiven when the music is damn good!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
User avatar
eastcoast
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post by eastcoast » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:18 pm

CONAN wrote:
Jazzandmetal? wrote:
CONAN wrote:I just hope they play some of the old stuff :whistle:
My friend just saw this line up here in the states. He said Metallica played 6 songs from the new one and everything else was pre-2002 Metallica. :freakout:
Fucking Awesome!!!!! :drool2:
I actually saw them back in january for the first time. The band that opened up sucked. It was not The sword I forgot who it was . The stage was set up kinda weird too. Not sure if it was like this everywhere but the stage was a huge rectangle in the middle of the arena with 20 mics set up all over the place and everyone ran around the entire stage in unison ( cool idea, just didnt seem to work) so everyone was facing the crowd. Metallica played mostly songs from their newest album so I was a little disapointed (ok alot) but when they broke into their old songs it was absolutely rad. If you got nothing else going on I would say go. I guess it depends on what they feel like the night they play but when they do play the old shit it made it all good.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest