Awesome new Dinosaur Jr. studio footage

Post sounds and videos of bands you dig on, even your own.

Moderator: The Captain

User avatar
kb892
Posts: 1592
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 am

Re: Awesome new Dinosaur Jr. studio footage

Post by kb892 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:02 am

Very cool, thanks for sharing that.... I gotta get a friggin Jazzmaster one of these days.
User avatar
squarewave
Posts: 798
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:20 am

Re: Awesome new Dinosaur Jr. studio footage

Post by squarewave » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:36 am

Thanks a bunch for posting that, was real cool.
Insta @drewcifer
User avatar
markom89
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Awesome new Dinosaur Jr. studio footage

Post by markom89 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:46 am

Thanks alot for that, Paul.
Been a fan of Dino Jr. for years and years now! One of my very first musical encounters.
Caught them here last time they were in Toronto, in the summer of '07. GREAT SHOW.
Got to front row and J actually came out and stood right next to me while the opening band(s) played. There was a lady on stage making blueberry pancakes and giving them out, so J had one whilst standing next to me. OMG. haha.
Seriously awesome show that was.
Can't wait to get my fuzzprobe and a Jazzmaster one day!
Thanks again.
User avatar
devnulljp
Posts: 6924
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:02 am
Location: Gulf Islands, BC, Canada

Re: Awesome new Dinosaur Jr. studio footage

Post by devnulljp » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:26 am

markom89 wrote:Got to front row and J actually came out and stood right next to me while the opening band(s) played. There was a lady on stage making blueberry pancakes and giving them out, so J had one whilst standing next to me. OMG. haha.
That explains what happened to him then? Love Dino Jr --Green Mind lived in my Walkman for a year when it came out--but man he got old or something? Was he sick? Or is it just the people grow to look like their dog thing?
Image
He's a real gearhead too right? I've seen that pic of his muff collection, but looking around in that vid, man has taste in gear.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
User avatar
markom89
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Awesome new Dinosaur Jr. studio footage

Post by markom89 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:45 pm

devnulljp wrote:
markom89 wrote:Got to front row and J actually came out and stood right next to me while the opening band(s) played. There was a lady on stage making blueberry pancakes and giving them out, so J had one whilst standing next to me. OMG. haha.
That explains what happened to him then? Love Dino Jr --Green Mind lived in my Walkman for a year when it came out--but man he got old or something? Was he sick? Or is it just the people grow to look like their dog thing?
Image
He's a real gearhead too right? I've seen that pic of his muff collection, but looking around in that vid, man has taste in gear.
Sorry, man, but I'm kind of confused by your post. What are you saying/asking? :hmm:
User avatar
GTHM
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:36 am
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Awesome new Dinosaur Jr. studio footage

Post by GTHM » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:51 pm

I chocked when in the beginning of the video it switches from a vintage API console to three Ram's Head pedals...

Thanks for the clip!
User avatar
devnulljp
Posts: 6924
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:02 am
Location: Gulf Islands, BC, Canada

Re: Awesome new Dinosaur Jr. studio footage

Post by devnulljp » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:26 pm

GTHM wrote:I chocked when in the beginning of the video it switches from a vintage API console to three Ram's Head pedals...

Thanks for the clip!
Then you're gonna love the rest of his collection of muffs:

Image
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
User avatar
GTHM
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:36 am
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Awesome new Dinosaur Jr. studio footage

Post by GTHM » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:55 pm

devnulljp wrote:
GTHM wrote:I chocked when in the beginning of the video it switches from a vintage API console to three Ram's Head pedals...

Thanks for the clip!
Then you're gonna love the rest of his collection of muffs:

Image
:shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:

and

:tu: :tu: :tu:
User avatar
kb892
Posts: 1592
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 am

Re: Awesome new Dinosaur Jr. studio footage

Post by kb892 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:09 am

devnulljp wrote:
markom89 wrote:Got to front row and J actually came out and stood right next to me while the opening band(s) played. There was a lady on stage making blueberry pancakes and giving them out, so J had one whilst standing next to me. OMG. haha.
That explains what happened to him then? Love Dino Jr --Green Mind lived in my Walkman for a year when it came out--but man he got old or something? Was he sick? Or is it just the people grow to look like their dog thing?

Ha, it's called getting old, you're gonna love it! There's an EP called Quest with a pic of his dad on it and I remember thinking "he looks nothing like his dad". 15 years later....
Attachments
quest.jpg
quest.jpg (10.05 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
User avatar
kb892
Posts: 1592
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 am

Re: Awesome new Dinosaur Jr. studio footage

Post by kb892 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:43 am

Sickle wrote:Getting old sucks donkey nads.
yeah, I ain't thrilled about it but it sure beats the alternative :scared:
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest