Spacemen 3 ~ Forged Prescriptions

Post sounds and videos of bands you dig on, even your own.

Moderator: The Captain

TheWarmth

Spacemen 3 ~ Forged Prescriptions

Post by TheWarmth »

This is something you should all have:

Disc 1:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/klz9jv

Disc2:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/snobe3
i love sharin foo

Re: Spacemen 3 ~ Forged Prescriptions

Post by i love sharin foo »

I LOVE Spacemen 3. Spiritualized not so much, but there is some really great stuff on those records. Sonic Boom has definitely had an influence on me.
TheWarmth

Post by TheWarmth »

Ah, man ... Spiritualized are one of my absolute favorites. Shit will blow your mind if you give it a chance.
i love sharin foo

Post by i love sharin foo »

TheWarmth wrote:Ah, man ... Spiritualized are one of my absolute favorites. Shit will blow your mind if you give it a chance.
I don't know what it is about it. I have the records and don't get me wrong, they're good. Easily MUCH betetr than a lot of the other stuff in that vein, but they just don't hit me the same way. Maybe it's just that they're a lot more complex and perhaps more thought out compared to the earlier 3 stuff. Not just jamming away on a few chords for 20 minutes :headbanger: I think I'll take Lazer Guided Melodies with me for the car ride to work tomorrow.
JP30

Post by JP30 »

I will try it out... I am always looking for something different.
TheWarmth

Post by TheWarmth »

I've seen Spiritualized about ten times live. A few of those shows have been blindingly amazing. Last summer they played Pitchfork in the middle of the day and I had tears streaming down my face the entire time. Yeah, I was pretty well buzzed, but I'm no amateur ... this show just blew my mind into a million pieces. I went to see them at Metro about three months later and encountered almost the same experience. Spiritualized are on fire right now. They are currently one of the best bands on the damn planet.
happiass

Post by happiass »

Very cool, love the Spacemen 3 and I didn't have this. Thank you :tu:
Braden

Post by Braden »

Well if we are talking about Spiritualized in a Spacemen 3 thread we also should mention the other side of that: SPECTRUM

I don't think Sonic Boom is quite the songwriting genius as compared to Spaceman, BUT he did write some very good records. Soul Kiss...is one of my all time favs. I also like Spiritualized quite a bit, but if I had to rank his albums I would rank them in the same order they were released with Lazer Guided Melodies being my favorite (though I feel Let It Come Down is one of the most well written albums ever). I've liked every record but my interest declines as he moves farther away from his Spacemen 3 roots.

Has anyone heard "DJ Tones" yet, the new Spacemen 3 rarity compilation that just came out? I have yet to check it out.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

The Warmth - 1,000 thanks for posting this :tu:

I had a couple of Spiritualized's albums but none of the Spacemen 3 so it's made my day :oldgrin:
fortran106

Post by fortran106 »

Spacemen 3 are one of my absolute favourite bands. Thanks for posting this, I shall look forward to getting hold of it tomorrow when I have time.

I never got to see Spacemen 3, but I have seen Spiritualized a few times. The best time Glastonbury '98 when theu played out to the sunset on the last night. Magical!