Thunderbirds Are Go!

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

akosbev7757

Re: Thunderbirds Are Go!

Post by akosbev7757 »

I will take the MKII with the imperfections, just let me know how much shipping to New York will be. Please email me at akosbev@gmail.com. Thank you, Chris.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Chris your on a roll! Thunderbird pedals are great!
Freed

Post by Freed »

Just got a thunderbird mk1.5 in the mail with OC71s
Les paul + 1.5 + rooster + ac30 = :)
Volume clean up and face wrecking dynamics Im stoked!!!
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

So here's the spin-off that begun years ago, but never really got off the ground. Now I think time is ripe for more of this fuzzy action. I'm going to be lazy and use the same pictures I already posted, but will probably replace them with better individual shots later on.

This is my take on the '66 to '69 germanium Fuzz Face, on the rocks. It's no frills (except for the blinky light) sonic reproduction based on my two original NKT275 units. These ones here are leaning more towards the red one, which is the more well behaving of the pair, except with just a touch more gain. The grey one is a screamer, but this time I wanted to make sure these blend well with an already cooking amp. Using NKT275 in any type of production unit would be a financial suicide and found it would limit me too much in the form of transistors I would be compelled to use, while making compromise in sound. Instead I decided to go with more readily available units with virtually indentical performance, which allow me broader selection for exactly the sounds I'm after. I found several types giving the desired results in small cans made by NKT and Mullard.

Two out of three pedals pictured below are available. Transistors used are NKT made CV7001 and CV7074.

170€ + shipping worldwide

As always, these include a money back guarantee (less shipping) if you're not happy with it for any reason.
Last edited by Laundromat on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Condolences, the bums lost!
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Those look delicious!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Smokin hot Antti! Gutted I had to pass one up this time bit ill be back for a taste of fuzzy face madness at a later date!
akosbev7757

Post by akosbev7757 »

Those look great, and I just got in the enclosures. Sorry, but I had a problem, my distributor was out and I had to go elsewhere and it took forever. Will email you with the details, Chris.
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

One to go.
Zuff-1A

Post by Zuff-1A »

Looks very sweet :badlove: !
How it cleans with volume rolled off?
Better for Single Coils or HB-s ?
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

I'd say it cleans up well. The cleanup isn't as bright and strident as on a silicon FF, but pretty clear and natural.
Of course if you ask me, this is best paired with a strat and and amp that's turned up high. I've tried it with an LP and it works well, the tone is just much thicker.