Two new Skreddy offerings(?)...

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

skreddy

Re:

Post by skreddy »

mjkk wrote:Just received my LMS. What a nice improvement on the phase 90
Super! I said basically the same thing the other day, and it sounded so anticlimactic for something that took me so long to perfect and is a really complex build on top of that. But yeah! Considering how good the MXR Phase 90 is already (really my favorite phaser of all time, other than the Uni-Vibe), to have something just that much better really is saying something after all. If I do say so my fucking self.
Last edited by skreddy on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
skreddy

Re: Two new Skreddy offerings(?)...

Post by skreddy »

Finally got a nice demo video (I haven't been able to record any decent clips myself lately), from the incredible Stefano Melchiorre, today. Plus his two throwaways he made earlier are awesome too!

Echoes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogJir4z6LqQ
Eric Johnson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY8cx9d_WMg
Pagey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=End31QH8kt4

The huge cap is the "vintage guitar tone pot emulator" circuit. This will get you that "woman tone" already dialed into the pedal without needing to dial it in on your guitar.
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

Nice piece as usual man, the incredible Stefano Melchiorre does not disappoint, nor do you. :freakout:

Post by skreddy »

Also recently finished dialing in another Muff circuit. I've made a tiny quantity of super-ultra-awesome pedals using a new old stock transistor that sounds like the best, most harmonic vintage 2N5133 only without the mushiness. And 100% tropical fish .1uf signal caps. Sounded amazing, but I tore through those transistors in a hurry.

I have, meanwhile, had a lovely experience with a circa 1976 BMP that employed BC239C transistors in a rams head style circuit with strikingly Gilmourish results.

So I went ahead an emulated this effect, basically adapting my Giant Meat Pie with the tropical fish with a fatter 1uf cap in-line with the clipping diodes and a 2.2uf electrolytic input in another nod to the rams head. But instead of 10uf, I wanted to thin it out a touch, as Gilmour was never one for the endless sustain or the thick muffy tone--it was either biting and cutting or weedy and not particularly sustainy and sometimes very uncharacteristically transparent for a muff.

Anyhow, I don't know if I should make a new thread for this or just leave it here. I adapted a watercolor painting I did when I was like 18 for it too. :D
tekbow

Post by tekbow »

I thought my muff buying days were over.. but that really does look tempting..
when you have a war, you want some people to be left alive at the end really.. otherwise it looks like you lost

Good deals:
Abanoise
Otis