Ramalama time

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

Creepyfingers

Ramalama time

Post by Creepyfingers »

Hey

Got a new pedal out. This is an exclusive with American Guitar Boutique in Annapolis MN http://www.americanguitarboutique.com/
Its called the Ramalama. As you might have figured its a Ram's Head Big Muff circuit. Powered with a pair of vintage BC239C transistors in the distortion section. The tone is sweet and rich with the distortion flavor the Ram's Head is known for. Included is a mids control which allows for some serious mid scooping. 8 units are on their way. Hopefully more later. Here's an audio demo. Mids are adjusted at the 3 minute mark... https://soundcloud.com/creepyfingerseff ... a-symphony
ImageImage
Last edited by Creepyfingers on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HorseyBoy

Re: Ramalama time

Post by HorseyBoy »

Ramalama ding-dong!
Demo sounds sweet and the white finish looks awesome.
edkoppel

Post by edkoppel »

man that sounds awesome!
pretty raw./////
Oh, DB? That's just slang for Dandy Big muff collector.
-----------------------
Tone Machines, Vintage Effects Blog: www.tonemachinesblog.com

Instagram: https://instagram.com/ed_skymall
Creepyfingers

Post by Creepyfingers »

Putting out another batch of Ramalama's. This time with a more faithful color scheme/knobs to the original. This will be hitting http://www.americanguitarboutique.com later this month. Same early Violet Ram's Head circuit.
Zzufrepus

Post by Zzufrepus »

Creepyfingers wrote:Image

great pic. :drool2:
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Oh, man. I'm lucky enough to have temporary custody of one of the silver Ramalamas (I'm delivering it to Italy next week for Francus1971, who got it from freddy_von). Came today so I plugged it in to my little Vox amp (have to make sure it works…) and came away more than a little impressed. I tried it next to my Stomp Under Foot Violet Ram's Head and I preferred the Ramalama at every setting by a fairly wide margin. It's much clearer and has a lot more presence, and the 'Mids' control works really well (in conjunction with the 'Tone' knob) to tweak a wide range of sounds.
I recorded some quick clips before I packed it back up and put it away (I know if I keep playing it I won't want to let it go). Guitar is a 67 SG Jr, amp is a Vox AC4TV. Three clips, with the Stomp Under Foot first in all three.
The first clip has both pedals with sustain at 12 o,clock, tone at 2 o'clock. The mids control on the Ramalama is also set at 12, but when I run through the riff the second time I'm pulling out some of the mids (9 o'clock) and then adding mids for the final run (3 o'clock). You can hear how well the mids control works.
Second and third tests (some power chords then some single note stuff) have sustain and tone cranked full on both pedals (Ramalama mids at 12).

This is a seriously cool pedal. Nice, big enclosure and the violet LED is awesome. And it's just a beautifully voiced, articulate Muff - which was even more obvious when I threw a Castledine wah in front of it and started cranking out Betty Davis riffs. Outstanding work, Brad - really blew me away. When I get back I'm really going to have to get myself one.
peps1

Post by peps1 »

Look and sound gorgeous!
Francus1971

Post by Francus1971 »

it sounds ...f*****g whooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
great clips Andrew. they're driving me crazy , can't wait to have the lama here with me

:freakout:
Zuff-1A

Post by Zuff-1A »

Sounds good! :tu:
Creepyfingers

Post by Creepyfingers »

Radical!