SonicVI Perf Board Muffs?

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

SonicVI

SonicVI Perf Board Muffs?

Post by SonicVI »

Would anybody be interested in Big Muff clones in the original '69-'70 perf board style? They wouldn't have the original high gain 2N5133's, but rather obtainable parts like lowish gain 5133/substitutes, 2N5088's or BC239s. I can do the circuit used in the original perf muffs that I dont ever see anybody copying, or triangle or rams head versions, or a hybrid. They would of course have all the high quality parts (Carbon comps, Mallory and Vishay caps, CTS pots, switchcraft jacks, Carling switches). I know there's a crap ton of muffs out there now, so I thought I'd just put a feeler out there before shelling out for parts. Price would be in the $175-200 ballpark plus shipping.

"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
skullservant

Re: SonicVI Perf Board Muffs?

Post by skullservant »

I'd be down!
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

Sounds cool to me, I'd be in as well. :)
kb892

Post by kb892 »

looks crazy! Count me in.
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Ok, it's a go.
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
itkindaworks

Post by itkindaworks »

That looks great!
Kitrae

Post by Kitrae »

Put me down for one. Sold my only two originals several years back, but I'm regretting it now. I would actually prefer one with the original .68µF caps and 27k tone resistors, this schematic:
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

I'm doing them just a bit different from that schematic, but I can do it exact apart from the 430K feedback resistors, which I don't have. They'll be 470K.
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

I'm only doing 5 of these because I only have enough of that diagonal offset perfboard for that many and have no idea where to get more. At this point these are all now tentatively spoken for.
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Sorry these are taking so long. I just started a new job last week and have been really busy. Trying to get them done soon!