SonicVI Perf Board Muffs?

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

kb892

Re: SonicVI Perf Board Muffs?

Post by kb892 »

no rush for me, i could use the time for fund levels to come back up so i'd be happy to be last. :freak:
Kitrae

Post by Kitrae »

Got mine today. Nice job. I have to say, it sounds (and looks) better than the original I owned.
kb892

Post by kb892 »

got mine as well, :shocked: WOW! this thing is a beast... wasn't expecting such a violent muff. i was worried it would be too similar to one of the other muffs i own but no, this has it's own unique voice. thanks for a great build Daniel.
TeeWrecks

Post by TeeWrecks »

Anybody back out??? :marx:
Lee

Post by Lee »

Any pics of any of these beauties? I have some vintage diagonal perfboard and was thinking of asking Sonic to do another one possibly maybe if he would?
Kitrae

Post by Kitrae »

Look on the previous page.
TeeWrecks

Post by TeeWrecks »

Leecifer wrote:Any pics of any of these beauties? I have some vintage diagonal perfboard and was thinking of asking Sonic to do another one possibly maybe if he would?
Id like one too !
daCod

Post by daCod »

SonicVI wrote:Would anybody be interested in Big Muff clones in the original '69-'70 perf board style? They wouldn't have the original high gain 2N5133's, but rather obtainable parts like lowish gain 5133/substitutes, 2N5088's or BC239s. I can do the circuit used in the original perf muffs that I dont ever see anybody copying, or triangle or rams head versions, or a hybrid. They would of course have all the high quality parts (Carbon comps, Mallory and Vishay caps, CTS pots, switchcraft jacks, Carling switches). I know there's a crap ton of muffs out there now, so I thought I'd just put a feeler out there before shelling out for parts. Price would be in the $175-200 ballpark plus shipping.

bump for lazy lee (just kidding lee :hihi) and b/c they are sexy builds :party:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Lee

Post by Lee »

Duh :doh: freakin amazing build Sonic. How do these do with cords are these really articulate or are these very fuzzy muff with a lot of bite in the top end. Just curious they look really cool
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I have not had a chance to run my unit yet but it sure looks top notch!!! :crackjam:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty