Kropp pickups

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

mjkk

Kropp pickups

Post by mjkk »

:badteeth:

New paf sets- winds- low, medium and high.

WORDS:
My take on the PAF pickup. Zebra, cream or black. Wound with 42awg plain enamel wire, wound counterclockwise (like the old pafs) with slightly mismatched coils producing a fat clear woody paf tone with nice overdriven tones when pushed through a nice amp. I can use any magnets you think you might like, and can talk about the guitar it's going to be installed in for the best fit. not potted, but can do on request. These work great with fuzz pedals as they are not super hot, clear and balanced.
Has the bullseye lathe tooling marks on the slugs, 49.2 mm baseplate, maple spacer, vintage correct keeper bar. No cover at $130 for the pair and $70 per single. I can provide covers aged or not for a small upcharge. Pm to chat about what you want.
also working on some strat, p90 and tele winds

Here is a pair. .

BEST
MATT
Last edited by mjkk on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
capricorn_1

Re: Kropp Pickups

Post by capricorn_1 »

looking forward to seeing these! :tu:
Ghost Effects, Birmingham, UK

the Sizzle Hills are Chapel Perilous - Sickle
daCod

Post by daCod »

wind me some jaguar pups :badteeth:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

:tu:
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Cool thanks guys, sorry for delay in pics. They are up now.
I haven't done jag pickups but I doubt its too different. Let me see what I can get my hands on for materials and ill get back to you.
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Ok, paf bucker pair as follows 7.61k alnico 2 neck and 7.89k alnico 2 bridge. I would take $100 for the set. Pictured above.
Besides Jaguar sets, is there any interest in single coils?
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Update, $35 for the p-90??? Who wants it?
theemadcap1

Post by theemadcap1 »

Very cool Matt!! :tu:
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Better images to come. Would someone like to do a sound clip for me? Id make it worth your while if so. Just dont have a great way to record nor is my playing going to do any justice.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Id be happy to do a soundclip for ya man! Only thing is getting one of your pickups into a guitar to the get to me...might be tricky?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")