MA '77 Flanger Proto (gone'd)

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

MaryKelly

MA '77 Flanger Proto (gone'd)

Post by MaryKelly »

Montgomery Appliances '77 Flanger Model IV Prototype.
This is the most recent revision of the circuit. It uses a more readily available MN3007 for the delay line. It is also lower noise than the original A/DA circuit.
This one is in a sloped enclosure and features in/out and DC jacks on the back. Footswitches for Bypass (true of course) and harmonics with indicator LEDs to match. All functions will be clearly explained via instruction sheet. Labeling optional.

I should note that the Prototype designation refers to the appearance. The circuit is 100% the same as the one in the video. I just built two to work out any qualms before drilling into a $30 finished enclosure. It is unlikely that I will make more. Not trying to build hype, just being transparent.

Looks like this:

Sounds like this one:

********Given to a friend. Thanks for the interest.*********

Note - I understand the desire of many people to see photos of the wiring in boutique pedals. Unfortunately, the way this particular pedal is built that is not possible because the PCB is attached to the bottom and all components are attached to the top half of the enclosure with relatively short wires. Everything is cleanly and neatly wired and there is no need to open the enclosure anyway since this pedal does not operate on battery power. Hope that is OK with everyone.
Last edited by MaryKelly on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaryKelly

Re: MA '77 Flanger Proto

Post by MaryKelly »

Sickle wrote:
MaryKelly wrote:Hope that is OK with everyone.
No worries, you've got audio demos so you're good to go unless you've got a real AD/A crammed inside that big-ass enclosure or something..

:hihi:

I'll add Montgomery Appliances to the 3rd party feedback index.

ANY BUYERS OF DAVE'S WORK HERE PLEASE GIVE ME A PM SO HE CAN HAVE SOME RATINGS ADDED.
Rehouse a relic? BLASPHEMY!
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

I love those sloped Hammond enclosures. I've used them a few times. I have one with the wooden side pnels that I'm waiting to use until I find just the right project. I figure it has to be something of the filter or delay variety. I've already got the Moog looking knobs for it :)
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
MaryKelly

Post by MaryKelly »

SonicVI wrote:I love those sloped Hammond enclosures. I've used them a few times. I have one with the wooden side pnels that I'm waiting to use until I find just the right project. I figure it has to be something of the filter or delay variety. I've already got the Moog looking knobs for it :)
I wish they didn't have the vents on the back. I mean seriously - are people putting high-heat circuits in these little boxes?
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

MaryKelly wrote:
SonicVI wrote:I love those sloped Hammond enclosures. I've used them a few times. I have one with the wooden side pnels that I'm waiting to use until I find just the right project. I figure it has to be something of the filter or delay variety. I've already got the Moog looking knobs for it :)
I wish they didn't have the vents on the back. I mean seriously - are people putting high-heat circuits in these little boxes?
Word. It would be great for a tube circuit I reckon. I mostly just don't like how it forces you to put your jacks down at the very bottom.
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
MaryKelly

Post by MaryKelly »

SonicVI wrote:
MaryKelly wrote:
Word. It would be great for a tube circuit I reckon. I mostly just don't like how it forces you to put your jacks down at the very bottom.
There is actually a good deal of room to put them at the far sides of the back on the one I used so the jacks are at either side of the back and the DC jack is bottom center.
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

I've only used the smallest of them and this is all the room there is.

Maybe the slots could be filled with Bonbo or something before painting.
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

If you are going to use bondo on that housing..........

Make sure you put a pc of tape behind the holes. This way when you apply the bondo it does not look like a hot mess on the other side. The tape will keep the bondo smooth and flush on the inside of the box ( years of model car building coming out here )

Hope that helps ya out!
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
MaryKelly

Post by MaryKelly »

I dont mind the vents enough to fill them with something. They look kind of cool but I think they are a little silly.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

SonicVI wrote:I've only used the smallest of them and this is all the room there is.

Maybe the slots could be filled with Bonbo or something before painting.
Ah man, you would have to show me that shot of that insanely cool looking Lovepedal replica. I like that better than the original. I can't wait to see what's is up next.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty