SonicVI Champion Fuzz Important Update! (bad news)

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

SonicVI

SonicVI Champion Fuzz Important Update! (bad news)

Post by SonicVI »

Well folks, I got the enclosures from pedalpartsplus today and Im sorry and extremely pissed off to say they are unusable. They printed the graphics far smaller than the graphics I provided, which not only doesn't look good but makes the drill hole marks all in the wrong places. I have to wait until monday to get get in touch with them to try to get something worked out, but as is, I can't use these enclosures. This is going to set things back considerably. I've invested too much for these to not get done and they will be done one way or another even if I have to remove the silk screening (if even possible) and use the stuck on labels like the first five. It's funny, I had a dream last night that they were going to show up like this. I'll keep you all informed. Anybody who wants to be removed from the wait list in light of this please just let me know. My sincerest apologies.
Daniel
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
pigeontoe

Re: SonicVI Champion Fuzz Important Update! (bad news)

Post by pigeontoe »

That's a real bummer man. I hope they fix it some how. I am on the list, and I'm not backing out. I have faith that it'll all be alright in the end. Thanks for the heads up and good luck.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Thanks for the heads up man! We are all with you until the end on this one brother!
G.
What do you want from life
An Indian guru
to show you the inner light?
gururyan

Post by gururyan »

Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear this. I'm sorry for your disappointment. I'm sure everybody will be fine waiting. Speaking of, may I have everybody's attention?...IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT!

...now off to play mine!
Ryan

They talk of my drinking but never my thirst.
MaryKelly

Post by MaryKelly »

Silk screening is the number one problem I have seen builders cope with. Lightfoot Labs went to 4 or 5 screeners before he got a satisfactory quality print and proper size. Care to post a picture of what they look like?
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

Worth the wait. I'm still on board. Your silkskreener should refund you and give you a discount, in my opinion.
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Id rather not, mostly because I don't know if I could control the stream of expletives that I'm feeling towards PPP right now. I guess it comes down to if you want something done right you have to do it yourself, or at least be prepared for the fuckups.
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Sorry to hear that -- I'm in for the long haul FWIW.

You could always do a limited run based on the Captain's (Sickle's old?) Sovtek muff. All you'd need would be a few thermonuclear warheads, a wire brush and some Dettol...get that silk screen right off...

Last edited by devnulljp on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
happiass

Post by happiass »

Sorry to hear this. No problem for me, I'm still in.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Shit! This is a bummer, man!! Did they not provide a sample???