jerms MKI reserve

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Isn't that #57 that pothole wanted to trade here? Maybe he just wants to liquidate it since he has two.
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
pothole

Post by pothole »

Yes, it is I. This one was supposed to be for my bandmate but he just can't get along with the MKI circuit, so one is hitting the market. Not a sales pitch, but #57 has something special going on in the midrange that my #56 and #1 don't have (it's subtle though). I'd keep this one but #56 has a factory installed tone control that I use the heck out, and #1 is well, #1.
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

...and there ya go. Hear any subtleties between the 2G381 and the rebranded 2G382?
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
pothole

Re:

Post by pothole »

DucRyder wrote:...and there ya go. Hear any subtleties between the 2G381 and the rebranded 2G382?
The 381 loaded #1 has more emphasis on the upper mids and treble and is a fair bit more wild in the way it spits and gates and fuzz amount than either of 382 loaded ones. However these 382 loaded Jerms sound very similar to my 381 loaded Pigdog. I don't know..even though these MKI's share the same part numbers, each one has a little bit something different and unique..a personality if you will.
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Absolutely! I think the TI trannies are the crazy gene in the DNA of a good MKI...

As to your 2G382 loaded Jerms sounding like your 2G381 loaded PIGDOG, are you sure the PIGDOG isn't using the same rebranded 2G382 trannies? Steve builds with them as well.
stella_blues

Re: jerms MKI reserve

Post by stella_blues »

Good luck with the Ebay sale pothole, it'll be interesting to see what this goes for out in the wild :popcorn:

Not that i'm really interested in the resale value, as mine is going nowhere. One of my top three fuzzes evar :crackjam:
pothole

Re: jerms MKI reserve

Post by pothole »

DucRyder wrote:Absolutely! I think the TI trannies are the crazy gene in the DNA of a good MKI...

As to your 2G382 loaded Jerms sounding like your 2G381 loaded PIGDOG, are you sure the PIGDOG isn't using the same rebranded 2G382 trannies? Steve builds with them as well.

Good point.
stella_blues wrote:Good luck with the Ebay sale pothole, it'll be interesting to see what this goes for out in the wild :popcorn:

Not that i'm really interested in the resale value, as mine is going nowhere. One of my top three fuzzes evar :crackjam:
It's funny how hard it is for me to let this go even though I have a couple more.
devnulljp

Re:

Post by devnulljp »

pothole wrote:This one was supposed to be for my bandmate but he just can't get along with the MKI circuit...
The fuck is wrong with that guy?
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
pothole

Re:

Post by pothole »

DucRyder wrote:Absolutely! I think the TI trannies are the crazy gene in the DNA of a good MKI...

Nice call Duc...I sold the Loony I had done the comparison with to norhyme who just got it and posted up pics...where clearly show the 382 beneath the 381. Here is the pic of it from the other thread. Funny..I think I may like the 2G382's better than 381's if that is truly what is creating that juicy midrange...hmmm.
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

I think it's part of it, but the builder really makes or breaks any of it. You obviously heard some similarity across builders though using those specific trannies.