jerms MKI reserve

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

How many were 2G381 and how many 2G382?
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
garyrogue

Re: jerms MKI reserve

Post by garyrogue »

Oh yea, I was lucky to get one it is awesome. Mr Jerms does excellent work.

So, to the above question, would be the difference between 2G381 and 2G382? Besides 1.
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

garyrogue wrote:Oh yea, I was lucky to get one it is awesome. Mr Jerms does excellent work.

So, to the above question, would be the difference between 2G381 and 2G382? Besides 1.
have to look at the data sheets for all/any differences but I think other than voltage the other numbers were similar. I do hear differences in my PIGDOG MK1 w/the rebranded TI 2G382/2G381 and the Jerms MK1 "original run" w/ TI 2G381, so hardly apples to apples. I'm still interested in how many got 2G381 and how many the rebranded 2G382.
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
jerms

Post by jerms »

it was an even split..... the first batch #0- #29 got 381's, and #30- #60 got the rebranded 382's... after looking at the lists, i guess i made 62 of these!!! 31 of each transistor type..... the only difference in the datasheet info is that the 382's can run at higher voltages.... i also noticed that the 382's were a bit more consistent on the hfe range.... there were hardly any wildly out of spec ones..... some of the 381's had some real high hfe's!
I am Incinerator

Post by I am Incinerator »

Good to know there may or may not be a random Jerms MKI up for grabs later on!

I'm still a little sore that I had to pass when my name came up :banger:
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

DucRyder wrote:
garyrogue wrote:Oh yea, I was lucky to get one it is awesome. Mr Jerms does excellent work.

have to look at the data sheets for all/any differences but I think other than voltage the other numbers were similar. I do hear differences in my PIGDOG MK1 w/the rebranded TI 2G382/2G381 and the Jerms MK1 "original run" w/ TI 2G381, so hardly apples to apples. I'm still interested in how many got 2G381 and how many the rebranded 2G382.
My Pigdog with 2G381/OC75 sounded a bit different than my jerms(original run w/OC71 & 2G381). Not a night and day difference though...they both sound/sounded like the best MKI ever!
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Sauniere wrote:
DucRyder wrote:

My Pigdog with 2G381/OC75 sounded a bit different than my jerms(original run w/OC71 & 2G381). Not a night and day difference though...they both sound/sounded like the best MKI ever!
Definitely the best in my experience! Love em both...
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

I am Incinerator wrote:Good to know there may or may not be a random Jerms MKI up for grabs later on!

I'm still a little sore that I had to pass when my name came up :banger:

Better jump quick when you see one. Think I've only ever seen 3 come up for sale and they lasted a matter of minutes. You can use a WTB ad... That's how I found my PIGDOG. :hihi:
jerms

Post by jerms »

Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

The fuck is it doing on ebay? :hihi:
Condolences, the bums lost!