My Fuzz Sound Review

High gain germanium bliss manifest in three dimensional reality.

Moderator: The Captain

markom89

My Fuzz Sound Review

Post by markom89 »

I've had this piece of stompbox genius in my posession for about five days now and each moment with it engaged has truly been a moment of sonic bliss.

Upon 'losing' @ the Fuzz Sound BIN's I was a bit dissapointed and thought that I'd have to wait 'till some time after armagedon to get my hands on one. That was not the case as my good ole pal Richards got a hold of one via the auction! Thank you, sir, for lending me this beast of the fuzz realm. Mine arrives October of this year, which ain't that bad at all, but now that I've gotten my feet wet I'm gonna' be itching real bad to get my next fix.

Enough of that cute shit... onto the sounds, man! :freakout:

I'm a "no fucking around with that pansy ass shit like keeping the sustain under 3:00" type of guy, so as such proceeded to turn that control up to its limit. Treble & Bass was around 12:00 and volume around 10:00. Holy fakking shit, man. This thing ripped my head off. I thought I was dying, fo real. Such an awesome saturated sound fuzz sound like nothing I've heard before. It's almost as if though the good Captain took the very best of each of his pedals and stuffed it into this box. I know that's not the case, but I could hear hints of the 1966, Fuzzaround, MK II and Drag'n'Fly all in there. It's like a "best of" in stompbox form. I dunno!
I then turned the T&B control all the way up and man oh man what an awesome sound. The raw/ripping character of this remains musical throughout and for this I salute the captain. This thing can get super heavy, but as noted in other threads, not quite Meathead heavy.

Oh... I gotta' run now! Off to accompany a 'friend' of mine on a lengirie shopping trip! More later- sorry to cut it off so fast...

PICS!!!

muffin man

Re: My Fuzz Sound Review

Post by muffin man »

How about some squidgirl/fuzzsound pic's :badlove:
markom89

Post by markom89 »

muffin man wrote:How about some squidgirl/fuzzsound pic's :badlove:
She's in Winnipeg and Maine for the summer. There's others, though :oldlol:

Anyways...

Another thing I really liked about the Fuzz Sound was that it at times (depending on how it was dialed in) sounded as if though you had a wah pedal half cocked. Really cool sound- one that lots of people seemed to dig in the 1965 clip Jeremy did.

I think I'm done. Another D*A*M must have pedal. Thanks, Dave, for making this piece of sonic bliss available to use every day folk. I love you, man. :badlove:
JP30

Post by JP30 »

markom89 wrote: I'm a "no fucking around with that pansy ass shit like keeping the sustain under 3:00" type of guy,

I AM . . . sometimes. . . :oops:

Treble & Bass was around 12:00 and volume around 10:00. Holy fakking shit, man. This thing ripped my head off. I thought I was dying, fo real. Such an awesome saturated sound fuzz sound like nothing I've heard before. It's almost as if though the good Captain took the very best of each of his pedals and stuffed it into this box. I know that's not the case, but I could hear hints of the 1966, Fuzzaround, MK II and Drag'n'Fly all in there. It's like a "best of" in stompbox form. I dunno!
I then turned the T&B control all the way up and man oh man what an awesome sound. The raw/ripping character of this remains musical throughout and for this I salute the captain. This thing can get super heavy, but as noted in other threads, not quite Meathead heavy.

I can see that you are crazily excited. I been listning to some of the sound clips here, and I can see why. I will wait for mine patiently... and if someday Sickle's Fuzzsound returns home from the tour, I may have to take a short drive down to check it out...

Oh... I gotta' run now! Off to accompany a 'friend' of mine on a lengirie shopping trip! More later- sorry to cut it off so fast...

PICS!!!

Yes, pics !!! please... of a friend in lengirie ... :geek:
controller700

Post by controller700 »

LOVELY PICS!! :badlove:

Thank´s!
I don't know what the hell it does, but it's definitely doing it!!
gururyan

Post by gururyan »

Did somebody say "pics of squidgirl"? :tu:
Ryan

They talk of my drinking but never my thirst.
Richards

Post by Richards »

Great review Marko!! Do you miss it yet?
smogfalls

Post by smogfalls »

Good review dood. Nice photos too... as usual.

Although I'm afraid that I certainly can't agree with the pansy ass shit statement!...

I don't think you'd be calling it "pansy ass shit" if you heard how it sounds through my Marshall JCM2555SL Jubilee, cranked through the 4x12 with the amp cooking up some sweet, raw overdrive, then the Fuzz Sound piled ontop with the Sustain backed off to noon. This sound is insane!... way bigger than running the Fuzz Sound full bore into a clean amp.
It made my heart jump and my gut wrench!... in a good way of course :ztongue:

:cheers:
Guitar Lessons - Online via Skype or in Nottingham, England

http://alexfarran.webs.com

Shape Lieutenant - Progressive Rock/Metal/Jazz...

http://soundcloud.com/shape-lt/shape-lt ... -june-2011