High-end problem

High gain germanium bliss manifest in three dimensional reality.

Moderator: The Captain

Lorenzo

Re: High-end problem

Post by Lorenzo »

I did some more tests and I discovered my delay and tremolo pedals add treble and gain when activated.
With my Big Muff it is less evident but with the FS it's really annoing.
I'll try to run the pedals in the FX loop of my other amp.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Does your effects loop have knobs to adjust the level of input and output? If the pedals have buffers in them it may not sound as good through a loop that just has a send and return. I am a little fuzzy on the terminology but buffers sometimes change the line level signal and make it too high, thus making the effects going through the loop not sound as good. I have a tube buffered effects loop in one of my amps and I have to adjust the signal to make it sound good.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by ChrisC »

One thing I notice about mine is, that the high end rolls off at the slightest roll down of the guitars volume. I loose treble as soon as I bring the volume down.

Also, when playing with a humbucker equipped guitar, on the high e string around the 5th fret it sounds as though it's not passing the high freqs, almost sitar like in sound
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

So I'm lucky enough to have lorenzo's Fuzzsound for a few days (weeks? :marx: ) ... and just finished some preliminary tests.

Fender strat equipped w/ VanZandt blues on a Mesa MarkIV with 2*12 electrovoice blackshadows.

The fuzzsound on its own is a very warm classy fuzz with a lot of tone sweep on the TnB.. never lacks basses and punch at any setting. Amazing pedal... versatile and so on... we all know it by now. :badlove: :drool2: :smashed:

Fuzzsound>Skreddy Echo (disengaged) same as above.. no problem whatsoever...
Fuzzsound>Skreddy Echo (engaged): here I perfectly hear a big difference! After midway (right) the TnB is very midrangey, before midway (left) it lacks bass... also there's no way to get the same bassy and velvet tones as before at any setting
That said I put the mix at zero on the echo, and turning it on and off showed clearly two different sounds!

So I thought it was the echo's internal buffer... and used fuzzsound>masotti buffer... same results as above. clearly a buffer problem then.

But here comes the oddity... Buffer>Fuzzsound doesnt have this weird effect on the overall tone.. it plays as fuzzsound on its own...gets only a little volume boost.
To confirm this last part I'll have to run the test again but with my truebypass looper in the weekend, to be perfectly sure about this.

I don't know jack shit about technical stuff unfortunately, but this is what I have heard today. it's super super weird. I'll do the same test with some other fuzzes as well asap.
Live Slow... Die old...
thevibe

Post by thevibe »

:hmm: So Univibe (mojo vibe) before it afterward? A Wah with a (fuzz friendly ckt) before or afterwards....like to know . I have 5 years to plan.