Supa Zee

Tone Bender MKI replica circa 2007.

Moderator: The Captain

Doc Holliday

Re: Supa Zee

Post by Doc Holliday »

Cheers guys!
I’m guessing the run sound very similar to this one yeah?
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

^ I would say so, I imagine Dave spends a lot of time tuning them to be as perfect as each other :tu:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Awesome. We’ve struck gold on this one then :tu:
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

These are like MKl flesheads, no joke
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I think that’s a great comparison
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

Really curious if anyone has compared the Supa Zee to the 1965. The Supa Zee is my favorite MK1 I've yet played but I'm always wondering how it stacks up to Dave's other offerings. I also feel like the name perhaps references the Supa Fuzz prototype and the Zonk Machine, other members of the MK1 family? Does it incorporate design features of those circuits?
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

I’ve played both and the Supa Zee and the 1965, not his zonk though. I can tell you both are amazing circuits, but I honestly preferred the zee. It has a much wider sweet spot, sang like a 2 dollar whore and worked well with singles or buckers. I thought my 65 was pretty amp and guitar specific. The zee also has less artifacts and more sustain if that’s ur thing. Hope that helps. Good look on the hunt.
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

mjkk wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:01 am I’ve played both and the Supa Zee and the 1965, not his zonk though. I can tell you both are amazing circuits, but I honestly preferred the zee. It has a much wider sweet spot, sang like a 2 dollar whore and worked well with singles or buckers. I thought my 65 was pretty amp and guitar specific. The zee also has less artifacts and more sustain if that’s ur thing. Hope that helps. Good look on the hunt.
Thanks dude!
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues