Philip

Re: Concerning a TB MkI.5

Post by Philip »

:cool:
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahOk46GkEIY

In this video they mention Ken Stevens as important and shows where it was first situated - which is not Sussex St 12. Miller's is also mentioned: meeting Syd coming out of the shop... / B
Last edited by Bert Ohlsson on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQh59adrK8k

On this video you can see that Ken Stevens (today) is situated next to Miller's, and now also melted together as one store. Miller's (yellow, with two floors) on the left side, is the last house on Sussex Street, and then Ken Stevens (red bricks and apparently also with two floors, but not as big rooms and windows as uncle says) turns on the rounded corner to Hobson Street.
Uncle says: The place is the second floor in the yellow building...! He recognizes the entrance, the colour of the house and the big windows. When he watches this whole video (above) he says he doesn,t think there was very much rock gear around, and that this metal box really stood out.

SUMMA SUMARUM so far: Where? Sussex St 12, second floor; When? Summer 1966; What? Selling/buying Sola Sound Tone Bender I.5; Who? Miller's Music (Ken Stevens Music)/Bert's uncle; Why? Making some profit and benefiting the customers/Wanting to follow the new rock flow and probably be the first swede to own such a mean fuzz box...

/ Bert
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

Bert Ohlsson wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahOk46GkEIY

In this video they mention Ken Stevens as important and shows where it was first situated - which is not Sussex St 12. Miller's is also mentioned: meeting Syd coming out of the shop... / B
Ha. that's like a semi-low budget video magazine (a travel show for middle aged fan-men?!) Pretty sad actually, but way cool information actually, it's just the production/look/cheezy music playing in background)...

thanks nonetheless, Bert. Isn't it awesome that Syd played his last show (with Twink as "Stars") on the bill with Hawkwind?!!! 1972, Corn Exhcange! I've read about those places ages ago when i was a 16 year old Syd fanatic. Nice to see the actual buildings etc.
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

psycho*daisies wrote:
Bert Ohlsson wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahOk46GkEIY

Ha. that's like a semi-low budget video magazine (a travel show for middle aged fan-men?!) Pretty sad actually, but way cool information actually, it's just the production/look/cheezy music playing in background)...

thanks nonetheless, Bert. Isn't it awesome that Syd played his last show (with Twink as "Stars") on the bill with Hawkwind?!!! 1972, Corn Exhcange! I've read about those places ages ago when i was a 16 year old Syd fanatic. Nice to see the actual buildings etc.
Yes, I totally agree. We're living in a strange world... / Bert
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

I'll try the D*A*M 1966 smiley, updated:

OK - better but still a lot to fix... / B
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

OK - new try:
Jeez... long way to go, but I'm catching up... / B
Last edited by Bert Ohlsson on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bert Ohlsson

Re:

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

stopmaykinsense wrote:So did I miss something or did you sell the pedal yet? :teeth2:
Hej stopmaykinsense!

No pedal sold..! - I,ve got a good bid, but I'm considering wether to put it on e(vil)Bay or to have an auction here at stompboxes, if possible...

Hälsningar / Bert
Bert Ohlsson

Re: Re:

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

stopmaykinsense wrote:
Bert Ohlsson wrote:
stopmaykinsense wrote:So did I miss something or did you sell the pedal yet? :teeth2:
Hej stopmaykinsense!

No pedal sold..! - I,ve got a good bid, but I'm considering wether to put it on e(vil)Bay or to have an auction here at stompboxes, if possible...

Hälsningar / Bert

Best of luck mate! :cheers:
Tack! / Bert