Concerning a TB MkI.5

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

psycho*daisies

Re: Concerning a TB MkI.5

Post by psycho*daisies »

Again, Bert...I understand you're making sure the word gets out, bumping the thread. That's fine.
But i assure you, every person who seriously tracks vintage Tone Benders on fleabay is a regular
around here. It will save you a tidy sum in fees by having it here. Do a little search for the 'Good Sales/Deals Feedback'
that people have on this forum. It basically says "I've done a sale with this bloke and he's a solid citizen" type thing.
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

psycho*daisies wrote:Again, Bert...I understand you're making sure the word gets out, bumping the thread. That's fine.
But i assure you, every person who seriously tracks vintage Tone Benders on fleabay is a regular
around here. It will save you a tidy sum in fees by having it here. Do a little search for the 'Good Sales/Deals Feedback'
that people have on this forum. It basically says "I've done a sale with this bloke and he's a solid citizen" type thing.
Hej man! Thanks for advice! I will not get out on eBay, but instead try out Sickles Auction house or just spread the word that I'll sell my box in a couple of days... / B
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

just sell it to one of these crazys, get paid and be done...
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

Sickle wrote:
Bert Ohlsson wrote:I,d rather not go out on eBay and also wonder if that suggestion of letting Donovan help with an auction here is a real possibility? I,ve gotten a good inofficial bid, so far - and I'm also starting to like this land of Stompboxes, this site, more and more... / B
You and I spoke about this some time back in an email, didn't we? Is that you? I recall the thing about the box being in a drawer..

If that's you, sorry for the frigidness(even if you aren't the person I am thinking if) and you want to have a proper auction, PM me and I will help you set the auction up properly and make sure it gets seen by everyone.

Trust me, you have a very valuable bit of kit here, there is a better way of handling this, though.

My suggestion, as I had also made before, is offer it in trade with David Main. He will make you an awesome pedal of equal value that will increase in value probably by twice as much as this one will.

Food for thought.

That, or Mr Anthony Macari would probably trade you something really sweet from his London store, and he's got some really nice stuff in there.
Yes, Sickle!

You're right! Thanks for having this interesting forum! Let's auction... / Bert
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

Waiting for auction - uncle recalls beginning of summer 66, early june, when The Who played in Uppsala only a couple of km:s away from his home. He doesn't remember any fuzz boxes - he was standing up close, but below the scene floor. But it was the first time he saw Marshalls in action - and he was totally taken away, already when the poor roadies carried up four of those 8x12 bastards on the high scene..!

Most of you know about these early original stacks, but some may don't. - So my 14 year old uncle also had this experience with him when he came to Cambridge a couple a weeks later, and strolled into Miller's...

1966 Windsor festival, according to Philip, with Pete on MKI (see below)

Read:
http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/gear/guit ... stack.html
Last edited by Bert Ohlsson on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Philip

Post by Philip »

Lil bit of trivia - The last pic is from 1966 Windsor festival, Pete used a MKI at that gig.
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

"One day, I was hitting this note and I was going ba-ba-bam and the amplifier was going u-ur-ur-ur on its own. I said to myself, ‘That’s fun. I’ll fool around with that.’ And I started to pretend I was an airplane."

:hmm: :badteeth:
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

Young fellow tested my TB, before I shipped it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQzWxd7ldQM
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

I'm just glad to tell that my TB MK I.V, that was sold for BIN price here at stompboxes money pit, has taken a long shipping - making me a little nervous (in spite of the insurance) - but has now finally landed at the new rockin owner's... Thanks for all help and guidance, friends - and of course a good thing not having to use eBay..! / Bert

chetz

Post by chetz »

You know this whole deal seems like a flyby by the selllor but good for him he got it sold. The YOutube representation sounded pretty good too for a young punk :oldlol: