Suggestions...MKII type that cleans up

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

odelay8503

Suggestions...MKII type that cleans up

Post by odelay8503 »

Alright...I'm relatively new to this mecca of fuzz so I'm not really sure if this topic has been covered. I'm a fan of both TB and FF circuits and was curious if there existed a fuzz that sounded like a MKII but cleaned up like a FF with the fuzz control back off (ie not as quickly as a FF). I would also like to find one with as little background noise as possible. I'm on the list for a Sola Sound MKII ri and a couple of DAMs through V&R so my experience with these is zilch...although hopefully that will change soon. Any info you guys could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Peace, Love, and Tits
imguitardan

Post by imguitardan »

Sounds like you may want a Bender MK I.V but I haven't played one so hard to say. The D*A*M Sola cleans up well but not like a fuzz face. My Skinpimp MKII/FF cleans up better than any other Bender I've played but he doesn't make 'em anymore so you may have trouble finding one. Hope that helps.
New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. The more truth we have to work with, the richer we become.

Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

I have not much experience with biasing MKIIs, but I believe the ones that clean up well are rather noisy.
Everything is transitional.
Banwell

Post by Banwell »

you just described a fuzzy lady, below noon bias tone bender ish, past noon fuzz face ish.
Scott

Re: Suggestions...MKII type that cleans up

Post by Scott »

i highly recommend the fuzzy lady by plum crazy fx. such a great mid- low fuzzy heavenly pedal! It nails some of Marc Fords tones. and the price is very reasonable!
rossta1

Post by rossta1 »

I'll third the Plum FX pedal. Damn close to my absolute favorite fuzz.
tatter

Re: Suggestions...MKII type that cleans up

Post by tatter »

My Sola Sound /D*A*M MKII cleans up really well and has very little noise at all. I would hold out until you get that, you might be surprised!

My AC125 D*A*M MKII cleans up even better but is a tad noisy at times, but it is a lot gainier as well so swings and roundabouts :marx:
http://www.myspace.com/sinisterfootwear
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinisterfootwear

Fender Vintage Player Stratocaster > D*A*M AA > Arion SAD-1 > Line 6 M9 > Ibanez 850 Mini Fuzz > CAE Boost / Line Driver
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

Interesting. I wonder how he achieves that. I bet he's sold his soul to the devil :twisted:
Everything is transitional.
chetz

Re:

Post by chetz »

imguitardan wrote:Sounds like you may want a Bender MK I.V but I haven't played one so hard to say. The D*A*M Sola cleans up well but not like a fuzz face. My Skinpimp MKII/FF cleans up better than any other Bender I've played but he doesn't make 'em anymore so you may have trouble finding one. Hope that helps.
I just got a used Skinpimp and I would concur. I will never sell this pedal.......well, never say never.
Creepyfingers

Re:

Post by Creepyfingers »

Electric Warrior wrote:Interesting. I wonder how he achieves that. I bet he's sold his soul to the devil :twisted:
Haha

Yeah. From my experience the more sensitive to guitar volume roll off a MkII is with the fuzz pot maxed, the more hiss. However my DAM MkII has plenty of gain, is very sensitive to guitar volume roll off, and has a low noise floor. If David sold his soul at least we're reaping the benefits haha

--Brad