super bee number twenty three

Germanium fuzz tones for old school heavy minds.

Moderator: The Captain

redeyeflight

super bee number twenty three

Post by redeyeflight »

Here she is: very wooly, fat sounding fuzz...IMO more like a cross between a fuzz face and a sola tonebender mk II...can't wait to try this out at a full volume gig! Seems to have a bit more crunch on tap than my 1966 but I will do more comparasions later! Dudes at V&R were super cool and easy to deal with as well and I think it was a great idea for the captain to go this route to sell his production pedals. :party:
Attachments
photo-2.jpg
photo-2.jpg (116.75 KiB) Viewed 8868 times
photo-1.jpg
photo-1.jpg (160.14 KiB) Viewed 8867 times
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (146.26 KiB) Viewed 8867 times
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
The Captain

Re: super bee number twenty three

Post by The Captain »

redeyeflight wrote:Dudes at V&R were super cool and easy to deal with as well and I think it was a great idea for the captain to go this route to sell his production pedals. :party:
:bigteeth:
JP30

Post by JP30 »

very sexy lookin' pedal you got there.
:tu:

( Is that Red ?or Orange ??? )

I was playing with Sickle Super bee just the other day along with other germenium fuzzies... it was NIICEeee. can't wait for mine . . .
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Sparkle orange...matches nicely with my sparkle sliver Titan!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
imlikeajungle

Post by imlikeajungle »

I have #21 :badteeth:
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

That there pedal is super sexy mang!
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
Scott

Post by Scott »

i'd love to A/B your Super bee with the oc41 and oc78 trannies. My yellow SB has 2 OC76s. Wonder if there's much of a difference in overall tone. Other than the two transistors, all the circuitry is identical. My 1966 also has 2 OC76s, but that's another beast all together. I really love BOTH my yellow SB and the SB mode on my 66 pedal. They have distinct sound differences but i can hear the trail from the 1966 SB to the stand alone super bee. Cool stuff. :party:
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I've played around with this super bee and my starlight red 1966 (loaded w/ millitay versions of the oc76). And the super bee is quite a but different: it has more volume on tap, WAY more bass, and a touch more gain. The super bee overall is a much smoother pedal than the 66 super bee mode and when you turn the guitars volume down the super bee brightens up considerably and holds it's volume well...opposed to the 66 which cleans up a little better. They both are quite different sounding!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

redeyeflight wrote:I've played around with this super bee and my starlight red 1966 (loaded w/ millitay versions of the oc76). And the super bee is quite a but different: it has more volume on tap, WAY more bass, and a touch more gain. The super bee overall is a much smoother pedal than the 66 super bee mode and when you turn the guitars volume down the super bee brightens up considerably and holds it's volume well...opposed to the 66 which cleans up a little better. They both are quite different sounding!

Ughh...you really got me wanting one of those badly now :drool:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

A killer combo for fuzzy gigs would be the super bee and the drag n fly. Super bee: smoooth, warm, fat. Drag N fly: more top and cutting. :party:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")