The FuZzY HaSkInS!

Face Fuzz, Head Buzz. Get it?

Moderator: The Captain

Dr.Mabuse

Re: The FuZzY HaSkInS!

Post by Dr.Mabuse »

No word here yet. Sent an email to the Captain.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

spofftastic wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:35 am - seems like a small snafu with this batch (I’m lead to believe).
Nah, man. Final wee tweaks slowed the pace a little is all. Nothing to worry on.

Half in flight, t'other hit the road in the AM. You should all have the tracking info's, if not mail me and I'll forward it to you. :party:
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

Thanks Dave! Got the parcel email today. Appreciate your communication and looking forward to it!
Turkish

Post by Turkish »

No. 034 landed in Pttsbrgh today! Killer inscription as always! The 2 things I've always had in common with Christopher Lee are staying up all night and bloodshot eyes. I'll never get over the attention to detail and perfection. Truly something to be appreciated. Many thanks David.

"The Meathead is supposed to break things" -The Captain
windjamma

Post by windjamma »

Number 031 arrived yesterday. Thanks Dave, loving it so far been getting some great Fresh Cream tones out of it.
Dr.Mabuse

Post by Dr.Mabuse »

Dr.Mabuse

Post by Dr.Mabuse »

Man! I’m so bad at this. #38 landed yesterday. Spent about an hour with it with Telecaster and 5E3 Deluxe. It’s really a hot one! My others have a lot less gain. It definitely has a place in the fuz library.
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

Love it - exactly what I wanted. Very much fuzz face roots but a touch more hi’s and presence in the circuit. A little
less bass below the 30 hz too. A bit more gain than my Sonus 1966 - but very close indeed to classic fuzz face sound with just enough tweaks for it to stand out with various guitars and amps. The Captain is the bomb.

I find myself with the volume at 1 pm to max (1pm for practicing) and fuzz/attack knob at 4 pm, with fuzz knob maxing at 5 pm. I really appreciate this as you can go more overblown if you like, and pull it back a touch to make it classic.

Compared to my Sola Goldie (oc75) Goldie has even more hi end in the circuit than the Haskins, and less presence in the circuit overall. Vintage sounding for sure. A bit more gain and lower mids on the Haskins as well. Not as chewy as the Goldie.

Its as if the Sola Goldie, Fuzzy Haskins and SuperBee SB66 are all settings on a Ezekiel box. Dibs if this ever comes to life!

Not sure if I should call him “Larry” (for Larry Bird) no. 33 born on 3/3! Or “Pete” for the killer Peter Cushing “Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed quote”.

My fuzz face search is done....

Last edited by spofftastic on Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
norhyme

Post by norhyme »

:freakout: Very good review and description! This!
“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?' Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?” ― Frank Zappa
windjamma

Post by windjamma »

Mine was playing great last night into a fender amp, via Fuzzy haskins into Foxrox tzf2, into fulltone sste.

Glorious sounds