Maggot Brain MB-71 2018

Face Fuzz, Head Buzz. Get it?

Moderator: The Captain

nad

Re: Maggot Brain MB-71 2018

Post by nad »

So after a little bit over a week with the Maggot Brain, I gotta say that this thing is pretty outstanding. The touch sensitivity is insane! The clean up is nice as well, but I'm not really into that type of thing, so my context/experience therein is minimal at best. Volume at full bore and the fuzz dialed back to about 3 o'clock is perfect for me, in both my bright and dark rigs. Single coils only please, my two main basses are as such, and as such, so it goes.

Sadly (sort of [but not really]), I am on hiatus with playing out for a spell, so I won't get to hear this thing on stage for a bit. But, I will bring it to my next jam to stomp it in context. I wish it had just a touch more output so that I could use it for a temporary boost, as is my bassfuzz custom, but just a quick flick of the amp volume solves that so-called "problem" which isn't really a big deal. Perhaps that will encourage me to use this as an Always On type of pedal... and I'm good with that. So yes, well done David*Andrew*Main, yet again!

Oh, am I the only eejit using a Fuzzy Haskins/Head Buzz/Maggot Brain on bass? Plenty of lows with the Brain, I'm shakin' the walls with this motherfucker. Wond'ring Aloud. :smashed:
Attachments
GreenMaggot.jpg
GreenMaggot.jpg (347.47 KiB) Viewed 5644 times
"'Tis a world of creditors, of which the tomb and the worm are the last. There is little left for the devil, when these have taken their due account."
--The Skeleton
jazznrick

Post by jazznrick »

why only single coils? would it be a no go on my P bass?
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Batch #3. Done did done it, done it some more. Finished. Will be mid/late next week when wagons roll.

Got head cold, fucked my shoulder up, took some codeine....don't take codeine, David. Only about half a week behind considering. Rule of thumb: Never get outta the boat. Don't stop the train. If you need to shit, do it in your pants, etc.

:party:
Turkish

Post by Turkish »

Took receipt of a Maggot Brain today and I'm compelled to opine...I'm really blown away. I shouldn't be surprised. It's another homerun from the Cap'n. It's just soooo good. Clean amp, dirty amp. Riding the volume pot. It's just perfect to my ears.

Happy happy about this one. Thanks Cap.
"The Meathead is supposed to break things" -The Captain
windjamma

Post by windjamma »

Yeah the clean up is great on the Maggot Brain, never caves in on it's self loving mine. Just got to wait patiently now for the fuzzy haskins. :freakout:
Turkish

Post by Turkish »

windjamma wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:22 am Yeah the clean up is great on the Maggot Brain, never caves in on it's self loving mine. Just got to wait patiently now for the fuzzy haskins. :freakout:
Hell yes.
"The Meathead is supposed to break things" -The Captain
nad

Post by nad »

jazznrick wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:27 pm why only single coils? would it be a no go on my P bass?
After many trials and/or tribulations, I can safely say that the Maggot Brain works just fine with a P-bass. :party: I just typically prefer single coils because they are teh awesome. :smashed:
"'Tis a world of creditors, of which the tomb and the worm are the last. There is little left for the devil, when these have taken their due account."
--The Skeleton
windjamma

Post by windjamma »

Got to play mine through my marshall's, was nailing Axis bold as love tones and highway chile tones all day long.
nad

Post by nad »

So I've been using the Maggot Brain on bass, and honestly, it works fine, but definitely isn't ideal. It doesn't come close to my Dragonfly, which absolutely kills on the low strangs. So I put it up on Reverb for sale. Oh well. But first! I found a Strat at work and went for it. I know three Hendrix riffs on the skinny things, I can do it.

Holy fuck. Holy fucking FUCK. :drool2: I might have to start playing guitar now.
--The Skeleton
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

nad wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:09 pm So I put it up on Reverb for sale.
Link? :whistle: