D*A*M Tone Bender TB-00

D*A*M Audio/Video Clips

Moderator: The Captain

kb892

Post by kb892 »

yes, very much. when dave said this was going to be the replacement for the 1966 i was afraid it would overlap too much with pedals i already have but he's really created his own fuzz here (again) that stands apart from his earlier two transistor models. i get the TB-00 designation now that I've used it a little more. as stated in the paperwork it came with it really shines with single coils and has enough gain available to scream even with a lower output pickup. good shit!
modeerf

Post by modeerf »

Got mine in the mail today...It really is a masterpiece, every detail was accounted for. Sounds great, particularly with darker amps. My blackface amps can be a bit brittle with this one but with the tone rolled back it really smooths it up. That is how I like my MKI's through blackface amps as well, turns things into magic.

The cleanup on this fuzz is great, and it has some nice inbetween shades. These transistors are a bit tighter sounding than I usually like but the control makes up for it. The tone is along the lines of my '66 superbee mode, but still a bit different as well. Even if you have an older '66 I would definitely recommend these too, the overlap isn't that apparent.
Dave has made a really unique pedal here and it ranks up there with the best stuff he's done lately (anyone's done for that matter) I like where he's heading...
Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
Scott

Re:

Post by Scott »

modeerf wrote:Got mine in the mail today...It really is a masterpiece, every detail was accounted for. Sounds great, particularly with darker amps. My blackface amps can be a bit brittle with this one but with the tone rolled back it really smooths it up. That is how I like my MKI's through blackface amps as well, turns things into magic.

The cleanup on this fuzz is great, and it has some nice inbetween shades. These transistors are a bit tighter sounding than I usually like but the control makes up for it. The tone is along the lines of my '66 superbee mode, but still a bit different as well. Even if you have an older '66 I would definitely recommend these too, the overlap isn't that apparent.
Dave has made a really unique pedal here and it ranks up there with the best stuff he's done lately (anyone's done for that matter) I like where he's heading...
EXCELLENT WRITE UP modeerf. I've been using it, albeit briefly cuz i just got it, through my 66 fender PR through my relic '56 strat and it sounds amazing!! It works on all point on the attack dial. From a choppy break up to balls out madness! Going to try it out with my nocaster soon. Going to check out some different guitar/amp combos soon with this pedal. Thanks Dave!!
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

The clean up is ridiculous, gets those very shimmery clean round sounds. What Dave said about elastic makes sence now that played it a bunch. It really covers your guitars sound, no matter if you is tuned down a bit (or a lot) or std tuning. Modeerf is right when he says that these rank up there with the best stuff David has done lately.
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."