JP30

Post by JP30 »

gone... all gone . . . :headpop:
thevibe

Post by thevibe »

missed it.
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

Missed 'em! Congrats to those who got one!
emeka

Re: Hatchet Harry

Post by emeka »

The Captain wrote:
emeka wrote:I'd also like to add that I think it's funny that while the Zonk gets an absolute shit review from Dave...
:hihi:

Sorry I should have filled out some on the description some, I was juggling the cyber and real worlds so I just had some copy & pasta from the info sheet.

Thing is, despite the Shatterbox's startling crapiness I did see/hear a cool machine lurking beneath. I always did like the nature of the fuzz tone just the way the volume is really limited and you have this annoying oscillation kick in when you crank the fuzz dial just totally ruins anything that could have been. The worst part is how it sounds like your slamming into a brick wall when you hit a string. It kinda gates but not like in a cool or usual way. Almost like someone just keeps running in the room and muting your strings as you play. Basically the biasing is beyond fucked up.

So, with Harry you have total freedom. The biasing is wide open, and stable. Its like you're playing with greased up bricks of fuzzy bliss. The transistors in the circuit are both of differing types and were selected to suit the biasing. The tone is heavy, like really fucking heavy but, kinda sharp. It retains a lot of the upper frequencies, it doesn't sound like a dull heavy if that makes sense. It sounds very active and lively but not fluid. Its kinda static in time but in movement? Imagine a huge grizzly bear being attack by bee's....kinda like that. Of course being a Rogue Sound pedal the fuzz at full is very much a tone that means business but it is surprisingly usable. Spooky thing is that it cleans up really well too, better so with single coils. Its a musical and devastating, just a like a hatchet. :party:

Sounds bad ass on bass too. Plays well nice with my ATK and that fucker is active.
:hihi:

Alright. James Bond. Need to know time. When you dance with the devil, you wait for the song to stop. Know what I mean?
facebook.com/neptunemassivemusic

facebook.com/paermusic
the treble boost kid

Post by the treble boost kid »

is this a returning product to Downstroke, or a one time deal ?
Let's be fucking honest........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJF6kk7fjNk
T I E - F I G H T E R..........L E T S R O L L !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNs0RALUQw
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

fuck me those went quick like...shit shit shit shit shit!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
drunkenguitarist

Post by drunkenguitarist »

I missed out on this as well....are there any soundclips at all?
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

fuuuuuuuuuck... I was at the acid mothers temple's concert!!! FUUUUCK... those damn jappies not only killed my ears :choke: but even made me miss Harry! arghhhh... I'm gonna set their tshirt on fire now! :headpop:
Live Slow... Die old...
1bottlerocket

Re: Hatchet Harry

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Nice! :badteeth: :party:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty