How do ye user yer Henry?

I am Jack's smirking revenge...

Moderator: The Captain

Andy J.

Re: How do ye user yer Henry?

Post by Andy J. »

Andy J. wrote:I can't wait to get to my band's new rehearsal space and crank Henry up through my recently acquired circa-'65 AC50... I've only played it at home through a Champion 600 so far.
Oh man, did Henry deliver... A savage beast, for sure! I didn't get as much time to experiment as I'd hoped, but it gave me a great. fully-saturated, slightly gated raw fuzz sound through the AC50. I even tried it through my Wangs (!) 15-watt head that was overdriven on it's own, and Henry thickened and saturated that sound nicely and gave me immediate but pleasing feedback at will.

This was all at rehearsal volume in a fairly large room (yey!) with a loud drummer and a bass player.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I like the Savage Henry a lot and I've used it a bunch. Mainly with my strat/jazzmaster into 15 watt matchless rig. I use it for synthy sounding lines but rarely chords. It seems to be pretty loud, it has a bunch of different sounds if you like turning your volume on your guitar up and down. Awesome fuzz box!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
anotherone

Post by anotherone »

Lil update: Tried henry on my bassist's newly purchased sound city 50 plus and you guys were sooooo right. Holy shit what a difference NMV makes! Synthy,crazy,chewy insanity ensued. Even got some nice dopethrone style riffage out of it. If I score that orange henry is getting a regular spot on the board next to the M-25.
Tune low,play slow
The Captain

Re:

Post by The Captain »

anotherone wrote:Lil update: Tried henry on my bassist's newly purchased sound city 50 plus...
:tu: Nice!
anotherone

Post by anotherone »

Well,nice is not the word I'd use but it certainly was satisfying! Cracking pedal,Cap!
Tune low,play slow
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Henry likes Octaver & Colorsound Wah..... my neighbours do not!
It's like an orange on a toothpick
anotherone

Post by anotherone »

Awesome! I'm really warming up to henry,he compliments the meat perfectly. M-25 is my bread and butter riffin' sound and then henry with the keeley ad-9 and sometimes smallstone for (hamfisted) soloing.
Tune low,play slow
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

There's a lot of awesomeness in that Savage little box. He doesn't get on well with my Sonic Titan & fights like hell with my Peavey 6505 but is great with wah for screaming solos. Surprisingly good stacked with other fuzzes too. BZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
It's like an orange on a toothpick
anotherone

Post by anotherone »

Yeah,Henry does NOT like amps with separate gain knobs. When I tried him through the windsor I though I'd wasted my cash. But then a few weeks later,through the sound city was like sex with a mean tattooed girl on mushrooms. Weird that he doesn't get on with yer titan,couse he luuuuurvs my black eye booster,he gets sharper,meaner and even more muscular. Sounds like I need to get myself a colorsound wha.....
Tune low,play slow
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

Cool! I really have to try it one day :crackjam: