D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender MKIV part II

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

sovtekfuzz

Re: D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender MKIV part II

Post by sovtekfuzz »

I've been loosely looking for a mkiv especially since missing a ESOTGB on reverb this week, not crazy about red generally but these look neat
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

Bigfoot2000 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:09 pm All 40 sold already!
Are you sure about that? Sometimes these pedals are delivered to Macaris in smaller batches that make up a larger run. Perhaps Ant just sold out of the stock he had on hand. :shrug:
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

skelt101 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:51 pm
Bigfoot2000 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:09 pm All 40 sold already!
Are you sure about that? Sometimes these pedals are delivered to Macaris in smaller batches that make up a larger run. Perhaps Ant just sold out of the stock he had on hand. :shrug:
Could well be
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

sovtekfuzz wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:41 pm I've been loosely looking for a mkiv especially since missing a ESOTGB on reverb this week, not crazy about red generally but these look neat
Out of interest… do you know what price the ESOTGB sold for ?
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

Fuzzisthebest wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:58 pm
sovtekfuzz wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:41 pm I've been loosely looking for a mkiv especially since missing a ESOTGB on reverb this week, not crazy about red generally but these look neat
I talked with the guy and his rock bottom was 800$usd including shipping, so likely either that or his full asking which was like 40$ more?
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

sovtekfuzz wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:19 pm
I talked with the guy and his rock bottom was 800$usd including shipping, so likely either that or his full asking which was like 40$ more?
Thank you
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

If you needed another MKIV variant...the Yellow Zeppelin was released today. Based on a Rotosound. Who nabbed one?

I'm tempted as always, but there's so many MKIV variants it's genuinely hard to keep up. I'm very picky about the colors too. Not super drawn to the looks of this one, but Ant should write the blurbs on beer bottles. He writes like a fuzz sommelier and makes me want every fuzz he releases. :badlove:

"Eyes closed test – it could have been a MKII – then rolled back I was getting early Yardbirds MK1 vibes going on. Winding the volume back in and there I was in MKIV heaven – vintage response, maybe due to the Log pot on the volume and super tonal sweep from ear shredding treble to huge ballsy bass tones. This maybe the most practical and versatile MKIV ever!"
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
sideasoundlab

Post by sideasoundlab »

hamoftruth wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:56 am If you needed another MKIV variant...the Yellow Zeppelin was released today. Based on a Rotosound. Who nabbed one?

I'm tempted as always, but there's so many MKIV variants it's genuinely hard to keep up. I'm very picky about the colors too. Not super drawn to the looks of this one, but Ant should write the blurbs on beer bottles. He writes like a fuzz sommelier and makes me want every fuzz he releases. :badlove:

"Eyes closed test – it could have been a MKII – then rolled back I was getting early Yardbirds MK1 vibes going on. Winding the volume back in and there I was in MKIV heaven – vintage response, maybe due to the Log pot on the volume and super tonal sweep from ear shredding treble to huge ballsy bass tones. This maybe the most practical and versatile MKIV ever!"
I sadly missed the Interceptor and the brozilian ( I have a Brazilian though), but I won't miss that one ! I love the colors, the brown with yellow is kinda classy in my opinion, and loaded with NKT OC84s, f*** yeah !!! :freakout:
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes
JDynamite

Post by JDynamite »

With shipping and taxes included, I paid $854US for the ESOTGB off of Reverb
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

JDynamite wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:51 pm
With shipping and taxes included, I paid $854US for the ESOTGB off of Reverb
Thank you , I ask because I bought one new from Ant Macari’s London shop when I visited London .
I love that colour . Pretty cool experience and I still have the pedal to remember the experience every time I play it .