"Fat Copper" MK1.5

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

mjkk

Re: "Fat Copper" MK1.5

Post by mjkk »

What’s the DAM/Sola Matilda germ?
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

mjkk wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:38 pm What’s the DAM/Sola Matilda germ?
Check out the Daughter series thread I made :marx:
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

Received Fat Copper 1.5 today. Put it through its paces next to my other 1.5 roster. It came out considerably strong, possibly my favorite. :badlove: At least in the honeymoon phase.

The Jerms and Analogman are leaner, perhaps more "traditional" MK1.5 variants. I like being able to dial in the bias on the Analogman how I want it, whether that be more starved and Fuzz Face-like around 3.5v or pushing older/choppier 1.5 territory around 7v. The Jerms however has a great texture to it, and a slightly softer front-of-note attack which I favor.

The "Matilda" 1.5 Tone Bender (one of 5) with CV7112 Ge transistors (military grade, reverse polarity OC75) brings the expanded low end content of a Fuzz Face with the midrange cut of a good 1.5. Compared to the others, it is a firmer sound without much sag, though this can be dialed in somewhat by using a Voodoo Labs power supply and starving it of power at the DC jack (it's the only one with a DC jack).

The "Fat Copper" takes the expanded low end content of "Matilda" and combines it with the saggy texture of the Jerms. The low end emphasizes that sag and breakup even further which is probably what makes it my favorite. I love the way a warmer Silicon Fuzz Face transistor when starved will sag and break up in the low end, and this definitely has flavors of that despite being a Ge 1.5. It's big, fat, and nasty. :badteeth:
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Great line up sir, I’m jealous of the fatty
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

mjkk wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:42 pm Great line up sir, I’m jealous of the fatty
Thanks dude :badteeth: I'm still jonesing for a Goldie someday but I'm very grateful to have the Fat Copper in my collection. It might even boot somebody else out.
All You Need Is Fuzz

mjkk

Post by mjkk »

I’ve had a Goldie and this sounds like it would sound better
walkingtiger

Post by walkingtiger »

mjkk wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:24 am I’ve had a Goldie and this sounds like it would sound better
They are both killer in their own ways!!!

:marx:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Hopefully, I will get copper or a brickbender one of these days.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty